• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best internet in Meridian?

incubus852

pilot
Anyone have the gouge on which internet providers are good/bad in Meridian? Specifically, AT&T's BellSouth DSL?

Bolter

pilot
I lived in the boonies of Meridian, so we were forced to use Wild Blue satellite internet. WORST service on the face of the earth. And anytime a thunderstorm would roll through and the trons couldn't get through the clouds, goodbye internet.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I have no Meridian experience. But I HATE HATE HATE AT&T...they are one of the worst most unethical companies I have ever dealt with IMHO. I swear I think they calculate the amount of "erroneous" overbilling they can pass off to you before you will deal with their Indian call centers and if you do call you will never ever get it resolved. Now I will pay more to avoid AT&T.

I had Comcast in SF and they were great. You might also check out the cell companies, like Verizon, their laptop cards are getting cheap.

End Rant.

Raptor2216

I have no Meridian experience. But I HATE HATE HATE AT&T...they are one of the worst most unethical companies I have ever dealt with IMHO. I swear I think they calculate the amount of "erroneous" overbilling they can pass off to you before you will deal with their Indian call centers and if you do call you will never ever get it resolved. Now I will pay more to avoid AT&T.

I had Comcast in SF and they were great. You might also check out the cell companies, like Verizon, their laptop cards are getting cheap.

End Rant.

Well, first off Meridian is NOT San Fran. When "they" say things work a little slower in the south, "they" aren't kidding. With that said, I know multiple people here who have switched from comcast to other companies for both TV and the net. I have AT&T for internet and Dish Network for TV and i'm happy with both. They have three levels of internet and it will cost you anywhere from $25/mo to $55/mo. I've been here for about 10 months now and I have never had any issues with service cutting out or being over charged by either company.

Unfortunately, with the summer wx here, the occasional thunderstorm will disrupt your dish signal but I'll live with a couple of mins of disrupted service here and there if it means better service overall. Also, good luck trying to get a good signal or any signal for that matter, out of wireless internet.

AFUAW

pilot
I at various times, I had both Comcast and AT&T in Meridian. I didn't like Comcast much. There were several times where I'd lose internet for a day or two at a time. When I'd call Comcast, it would take them forever to get it working again, and they were very resistant to giving me any sort of credit for the service I was paying for but not receiving.

AT&T DSL was okay. It wasn't as fast as Comcast (when Comcast actually worked), but I think they now have a higher speed available now.