• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart27

For those individuals that can potentially exceed the Outstanding/High PRT requirements, is there any benefit in doing so during the In PRT at OCS? Are you awarded the same number of points whether you perform 105 SU or 106 SU? Any insight would be appreciated.

bart27

Anyone? Hopefully this post did not come across as being over confident. My situation is this...I recently had knee surgery and therefore I have a feeling that my run time will be slow for the In PRT. Since my run time will be slow, should I focus on achieving the max # of PU and SU or should I save my energy for the run and do enough PU and SU inorder to pass?

version2point0

i think they only take the average of all three scores the first time only, if at all. after that, you have to pass all three individually anyway. so you may as well focus on all three individually as well. it doesnt matter what you max out to compensate for the others, from what ive heard.

-v2.0

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
The PRT Standard has changed three times since I've been in the Navy. Currently, there are 4 levels (sat, good, excellent, outstanding) with three sublevels each (low, med, high) For each event, you get a score from 45 (satisfactory low) to 100 points (outstanding high). EXAMPLE: Excellent Med on pushups and situps is 80 points each, good low on the run would be 60 points. Your overall score is the average (80+80+60)/3=67 or Good Medium. BUT you must pass all sections to get a passing score. Simple answer, do your best on push ups and sit ups, but make sure you pass the run, also.
As far as the in PRT/ out PRT question, do as well as you can without hurting yourself, and make sure you'll be able to do as well on the out PRT, regressing never looks good.

wusappenin

None
according to a buddy who just graduated in sept, anything over 87 pu is overkill and wont help your score any. shoot for the maximums, but stop there. doing 20 more wont help your score

Status
Not open for further replies.