• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Been MIA, but now its only days

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
So I have been MIA for the past year. I had some of those fun life events occur that cause delays in things, but now I am only about a week or two away from sending off my package.

I have the ASTB tomorrow, and MEPS on Friday. PRT sometime the following week.

For the PRT it is 2 minutes so do most people break up the push ups? Because if you can go at a fast pace you wont need to 2 minutes to max it. BUT as we all know going at a fast pace for 2 minutes straight isnt exactly easy. So basicly im asking for tips as to how do it with the time given that will produce the highest score.

By any chance does anyone know the Board dates for June/July?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I'm doing the whole Marine thing not the Navy, but I still work on pushups and can hit 100 within 2 minutes. I usually stop at 70-75 for two deep breaths and then finish it off in either 1 or 2 more "sets". But for me, 70-75 is the number where it feels right to stop briefly. Some days when I do them, I feel like crap - so my energy level by the time I hit say 50, is where it is when I should be at 80. So you need to put a little rest there if you feel that you're going to get burned out and not complete. Bottom line - I would reccommend a break, but put it in where you feel it needs to be. That number may change for you each time. I'm sure I'd be able to get all 100 in without stopping, but I would probably slow down and I dont know if I'd make the time.