• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Been doing some thinking

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
No lie. I studied exactly 3 hours for the ASTB before I took it my junior year. I got straight 8's. I'm a F***ing poli sci major, for pete's sake. It's not impossible.

Put your man pants on, crack an ARCO book, learn how to recognize those angles and dangles pictures, and get a decent score.

Or, don't get selected, break out your slide rule and pocket protector, and enjoy being an aerospace engineer designing planes other guys who actually sacked up will love flying. Thanks in advance!

He's an air science major. He'll just be putting along in a Cessna, paying top dollar to get his ratings, only to work retail with 100K in debt since there are no jobs right now. It's not as if I know at least 5 people like that from ERAU.... ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
oh man, even worse. sick burn.

shoulda been a poli sci major, at least then he could teach 10th grade civics class.

My scores were 5,6,5;44. I know I could retake it but like I said I think its more important to focus on school. I feel that if I take it now I don't think I will be able to do that much better since my mind will mostly be on school. And to the person who called me lazy. I don't what you say about me, either way I'm doing what I'm going to do what I'm going to do. I never said I wasn't retaking the test I'm just not doing it right away.

3.27 in Aeronautics at Emory Riddle + Navy Aviation Club = 5,6,5;44???

That raises some serious questions marks on your commitment to the SNA program. Recommend retaking, you have the ability to do much better.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
3.27 in Aeronautics at Emory Riddle + Navy Aviation Club = 5,6,5;44???

That raises some serious questions marks on your commitment to the SNA program. Recommend retaking, you have the ability to do much better.

That raises some questions about his aviation knowledge/ability. Scoring low on an AVIATION test when you're an aviation major? Definitely a lack of preparation.

Give it a good shot next time and if you bump up those scores, which is completely doable, you'll have a much better shot.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I wouldn't go to the dark side (Marine Corps) unless that is what you REALLY want. Ask yourself this---if you couldn't fly, would you still want to be a Marine Officer? If the answer is no, you shouldn't be applying.

The ASTB is a strange test. I'm not going to swing my dick and talk about my scores or what I did to prepare, but I will say that there isn't as much of a correlation between major, flight experience, and score as one might think. There are many other variables, one of which is being a good test taker. Some people have it, others don't. That means that while some people might be able to study little or even wing it and do well, others might have to really study hard. But if you want it badly enough...

Just be glad you don't have to take the Air Force test---it blows.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Don't you understand? He's too busy to study between school and posting on internet forums!

utak

I didn't post this one on AW. I sent it privately to MB.

Considering how frame 3 has a house and a car, which is soooo conveniently related to his recent court escapades, I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I should link it here?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I didn't post this one on AW. I sent it privately to MB.

Considering how frame 3 has a house and a car, which is soooo conveniently related to his recent court escapades, I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I should link it here?

That's a shall, not a should.

utak

Since MB gave the green light, here it is!

(be sure to read MB's blog about the events that occured)

manatee.png