• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Been awhile

AVDAD

Hey folks, been away for awhile, lots of water under the bridge.

Really, the only time I post is to live vicariously through my youngest son. Many have been very helpful over the years, holding my hand while he was away at the Academy etc.

After his stint at Meridian he moved to the northwest where he was introduced to the Growler. Apparently that wasn't far enough away from home so he threw his hat in the ring for Atsugi where he is now stationed, getting ready for his first tour at sea on the George Washington.

The boss and I plan to go over next year between dets. I would be interested in gleaning any info about the country, Atsugi, carrier life, Prowler/Growler stories.

Thanks guys,

AvDad

helo_wifey

Our first duty station was Atsugi in 2006 and we're hoping to go back for his DH tour next tour. Take the Shinkansen, if you're there in the summer hike Fuji. Atsugi is a great jumping off point for seeing Japan. If he has to work and doesn't get a lot of time off he can send you on MWR tours which are cheap and a good way to see things/do cultural things one wouldn't normally do.