• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Beautiful Beaufort

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
Hey Everybody,

So a few months ago I had the privilege to perform in the MCAS Beaufort Airshow, and I have to say, the base was pretty cool. Unlike New River, where you have a mix of ground dudes (Lejeune) and aviation marines in the area, it is aviation centric. It seemed like a nice quiet corner of the South Carolina coast. And what a beautiful area! It kind of made me wish I selected jets, but what do I know. Does anyone have anything else nice to say about the area? Any negatives?

PS: I'm on deployment and a little board. Please entertain me.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Beaufort is nice. As far as MCAS options in CONUS, I’d put it behind only Miramar/Pendleton. Beaufort itself is nice but small. Just under an hour north or south is Charleston and Savannah which are both pretty cool. New River/Cherry Point is a shithole. I’d gladly take Yuma again rather than go there.

GroundPounder

It was good enough for him....

In all seriousness, can't speak to the mil side of life there, but it's a great place to be. My granddaddy had a house there, and besides all the fishing and hunting that you would want to be near, Savannah / Hilton Head and Charleston are very close. It has kind of lost it's secluded " county " vibe since the various movies that were filmed in the area made it more popular and well known.

It's small enough to be relaxed but you are still close enough to larger more developed areas, to me it's a great mix.

Pags

N/A
pilot
View attachment 22897

It was good enough for him....

In all seriousness, can't speak to the mil side of life there, but it's a great place to be. My granddaddy had a house there, and besides all the fishing and hunting that you would want to be near, Savannah / Hilton Head and Charleston are very close. It has kind of lost it's secluded " county " vibe since the various movies that were filmed in the area made it more popular and well known.

It's small enough to be relaxed but you are still close enough to larger more developed areas, to me it's a great mix.
I was going to mention it's the resting place of the Great Santini

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey Everybody,

So a few months ago I had the privilege to perform in the MCAS Beaufort Airshow, and I have to say, the base was pretty cool. Unlike New River, where you have a mix of ground dudes (Lejeune) and aviation marines in the area, it is aviation centric. It seemed like a nice quiet corner of the South Carolina coast. And what a beautiful area! It kind of made me wish I selected jets, but what do I know. Does anyone have anything else nice to say about the area? Any negatives?

PS: I'm on deployment and a little board. Please entertain me.

Enjoy your time and some of the specialties:

Pulled pork BBQ

Shrimp and Grits

and if its been a rough night, the Waffle House...

And since we are on the first week of football: there is Saturday at William's Brice Stadium in Columbia and Death Valley in Clemson