• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beat Colorado State!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Man, no one posted it! 1/2 way done and it looks like Navy's doing well.

GO NAVY! BEAT COLORADO!

KBayDog

This year: Colorado State.

Next year: Rutgers, Syracuse, or (the perennial powerhouse) New Mexico State.

Yeah baby! YOU CAN DO IT!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's it like playing in a powerhouse bowl like the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl a week before Christmas? The year, my school is resigned to the Rose Bowl.

Circle K

pilot
Navy plays a 3-4 as their primary defense. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to have 4 down linemen when it's almost assured that all the the linemen will be undersized compared to the competition. We'll never have 350 lb linemen so we might as well field 4 quicker linebackers.

Until the Academy figures out how to recruit HS All Americans with the promise of NFL contracts on the horizon instead of manditory naval service, we are probably going to have to count our blessings and stick with the smaller bowl games.

KBayDog

squeeze said:
What's it like playing in a powerhouse bowl like the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl a week before Christmas? The year, my school is resigned to the Rose Bowl.

It's the big times, my man. Navy's too good to play in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, EV1.net Houston Bowl, or Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl.

Then again, I went to a I-AA school. Can you believe those idiots actually use a PLAYOFF system to determine the national champions? Where's the money in that?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
It's the big times, my man. Navy's too good to play in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, EV1.net Houston Bowl, or Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl.
Yeah, I don't even know how SDCCU scraped enough money together to sponsor the event. They probably blew their whole year's ad budget on that one.