• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bears, planes and duct tape - the merged thread

yak52driver

Contributor
I'll believe it could have flown. I've seen pictures of Alaskan pilots that had a landing 'mishap' that tore up the wing struts. They used branches and rope to fix said 'mishap' and flew it home for repairs.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
That rifle mount is awesome! Now just to make it a fully automatic and have it triggered inside somehow . . .

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I visited Alaska last summer (it's home) and went flying with an old bush pilot in his home built job. It was his third plane, the other two having been balled up in some remote location, never to fly again. His words of widom, "You aren't a real bush pilot till you've balled up a plane or two - and not gotten eaten."

GroundPounder

The difference between Alaska and the rest of the US

Repairs Alaska style

]Bear Attack 1.jpgBear Attack 2.jpgDone.jpgFixing the damage 1.jpg

There is nothing that duct tape can't fix.

GroundPounder

If you can't duct it...

Is there any story behind this other than the image names?

Supposedly a cooler of bait was left in the aircraft overnight, attracting a hungry bear. The bear opened the package the snacks came in, and you see the results. Several rolls of duct tape later, everything was ok.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Duct Tape & Bears... Must be ALASKA.

During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane. And a bear smelled it. This is what he did to the plane.

BigBeardamage.jpgBearDamage12.jpgBeardamages.jpg
Finished.jpg

The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic. He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME!
pencil.png