• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Be careful what you say...

shannon

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. As a female, I don't get offended by much that guys do. Growing up all my friends were guys and I can bust on them just as much as they bust on me and I can deal with it because its its generally in good fun. I just want to say don't let the unduly oversensitive females in the Navy ruin it for the rest of us females. Some of the circumstances mentioned earlier-like the toga party and jockstrap incident are rediculous. Didn't that girl go to college? At my college we have class toga parties and its no big deal! The girl in the post by JIMC5499 ought to be smacked and is probably why chivalry is almost dead-in my humble opinion :) The current situation concerning the LT being court martialed is excessive. He apologized to the woman he offended. Given what I know about the case, it should stop there. I guess the point of this post is that there are many of us females out there that are fine with guys being guys and aren't going to pitch a fit over small stuff. Don't assume we are all like these girls.

theduke

I just typed up a great post, then deleted it all, because I don't feel like being a ideological martyr.

Maybe it's time to register a new username, make it something that nobody could ever deduce my identity from, and then never say shit about it to anyone.

beau

"These....are the Days...of our Lives!" what a waste of time! I bet there is more to the orignal story then meets the eye....there always is more to it!

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Tell me, how do you identify someone who is looking for a chance to be offended?

I don't think you have to set up the witch hunt, I had a female E-3 who worked for me try and make the unwarranted "He offended me" complaint against an E-6. All it took was the Command EO guy to explain that he would investigate ANY complained of sexual harrassment to it's fullest extent, but if it was proven unfounded, then it was his job to write a report chit on the complaintant for making a false claim. The E-3 then stopped pursuing the complaint. That seemed to be the only way to deter the filing of false claims.

East

东部
Contributor
Be a man-among-men

Once we were invited on a stationship in the Dutch Antilles for a Helodeck BBQ. There was also a submarine crew invited as well. The helopilot onboard was female and had adapted the guys-between-guys mentalilty. On the other hand, our (P-3) crew consisted of a female Navcom and Co-pilot who started to act like queens and also wanted to be treated like ones.

The submarine crew (not used to uniformed females at all) tried to make conversations and all with them but soon found out that these two were no fun at all. At a certain moment one of them 'ordered' an enlisted submariner to get her something to drink, with some help, the Navcom was thrown in a kiddie pool on the helodeck. Threatening with everything she could think of she was taken by her female collegue and female pilot to her quarters for a new set of whities. When she returned on the helodeck she demanded public apoligy from the submarine Captain. It was quite for a sec when all Officers from the Submarine/Stationship/her own PPC and the female helopilot picked her up and threw her again in the kiddiepool.

They were not amused and the flight back to our NAS was a slient one, however these two were not stupid and learned a lesson never learned at the academy. They're doing better after that incident realizing they're no sugarbitches anymore but a 'man-among-men' .........

KBayDog

HooverPilot said:
All it took was the Command EO guy to explain that he would investigate ANY complained of sexual harrassment to it's fullest extent, but if it was proven unfounded, then it was his job to write a report chit on the complaintant for making a false claim.

THAT'S what I'm talking about. That's the way the system is supposed to work. I'm glad your command is on board with it.

East

东部
Contributor
But just the investigation can harm a man's career already.
Not guilty until proven so, can take some time....people are tending to believe that where smoke is there should be a fire as well, as already expressed earlier on this thread.

Think pistolwhipping is a good one...:icon_wink

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
And those individuals should be identified and administratively separated for inability to adapt to military life. They can go cause trouble at McDonald's, or somewhere the taxpayers aren't subsidizing their neuroses. That kind of behavior is no less disruptive or damaging to unit cohesion then a habitually drunk E-2, or an insubordinate E-5.

Brett

Like Lefty?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
Like Lefty?
It would be wrong, perhaps unprofessional to call out a fellow officer, but since you brought it up, yes - just my opinion. ;)

Brett