• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BE-200 type rating

wrk

When I was in VT-35 I was told I'd get a BE-200 type rating along with all the other ratings I get after taking the military competency test. Can anyone actually confirm this? Does anyone actually have the type rating? Both Costal Bend Aviation and Pensacola Aviation have told me that I don't get the type rating for my time in the TC-12 (Which is over 100 hours with an instrument rating and a PIC stamp.)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I think some of the 35 guys who got winged out of corpus got them, and to do so they showed a page in the natops that showed that the TC-12 weighed enough to actually get the type rating, and the guy who gave the ratings (not the places where the MCA was taken) gave it along with the SEL/MEL/Instrument ratings.

wrk

I think some of the 35 guys who got winged out of corpus got them, and to do so they showed a page in the natops that showed that the TC-12 weighed enough to actually get the type rating, and the guy who gave the ratings (not the places where the MCA was taken) gave it along with the SEL/MEL/Instrument ratings.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking about the weight thing. The FAA examiner hasn't really dealt with multiengine people out here and from reading some of the stuff online, my understanding is that it needs to be a beach aircraft certified to operate over 12,500 lbs.

wrk

I'm going to call the FAA guy tomorrow. From my understanding of this document (p 25), if I can show in the NATOPS that the TC-12 can operate over 12,500 lbs, then I should get the type rating.

PURower

pilot
The BE-200 is certified to be 12,500 and below which doesn't need a type rating. Perhaps you could try for a BE 300 or 350 type rating.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The BE-200 is certified to be 12,500 and below which doesn't need a type rating. Perhaps you could try for a BE 300 or 350 type rating.
Yes, BE-200s manufactured for the civilian market are limited to 12,500 and don't require a type rating. However, some BE-200s manufactured originally for the military were certified to a higher weight (14,000 I think???) and do require a type rating if being flown by civilian pilots.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Yes, BE-200s manufactured for the civilian market are limited to 12,500 and don't require a type rating. However, some BE-200s manufactured originally for the military were certified to a higher weight (14,000 I think???) and do require a type rating if being flown by civilian pilots.

The RC-12M is a Navy variant we flew in Puerto Rico for counter-drug ops. It's capacity was 15,000.

wrk

Talked to the FAA dude today, he agreed with me that if I can show him that the TC-12 can operate above 12,500, I'll get the type rating. Now to track down a copy of the TC-12 NATOPS.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Talked to the FAA dude today, he agreed with me that if I can show him that the TC-12 can operate above 12,500, I'll get the type rating. Now to track down a copy of the TC-12 NATOPS.

I wonder if I can get the type rating by showing them my logbook and the UC-12/RC-12M NATOPS (I kept a copy). It's been 14 years since I last flew it.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
RetreadRand said:
Why are you even posting in the advanced props forum when you are an SNA applicant?

I know what a BE-200 is in the US, I've worked at a flight school with one.. jesus.. it was a joke... if I'm not allowed to post here, then lock it away. Someone's awefully grumpy. :icon_tong