• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDOC (SWO School) Update

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
BDOC scheduling for summer accessions is right around the corner. With the high number of
Ensigns simultaneously entering the fleet and a limited number of BDOC seats on both coasts, the
majority of new accessions will report directly to their ships following commissioning in a TAD
status and then attend BDOC as seats permit. Business rules dictate that an Officer must attend
BDOC within six months of commissioning. In rare circumstances, a waiver can be requested
through the respective TYCOM N7 to delay attending BDOC past the six-month mark. Deployment
is not generally considered a valid reason to delay BDOC attendance, so deployed commands
should be prepared to both accept and send ashore their new accessions as needed in support of their
scheduled BDOC date.

BDOC classes for summer accessions convene 22 JUN, 17 AUG, 13 OCT, and 04 JAN 16. PERS prioritizes BDOC attendance as follows:

 Nuclear-option Officers
 OCONUS ships
 Deployed ships
 CONUS ships

The number of Officers who fall under the first two priorities will fill up the majority of June and
August BDOC classes. Placement will work with deployed/deploying ships to get their Officers a
seat in those early classes if possible, but we cannot guarantee that a June or August spot will be
available. Because Officers headed OCONUS will remain INCONUS until they complete BDOC
(and therefore receive full entitlements while they wait), they can expect to attend BDOC on either
coast to expedite their entry into the fleet.

Ships are highly recommended to look at their downrange schedule as the spring months approach
and begin correspondence with Placement to submit their BDOC preferences along with specific
details on the ship’s employment if possible.

This process is extremely dynamic and we receive change requests on a daily basis once ship
selections are complete and new accessions begin to graduate. Placement officers will shuffle the
roster as needed to ensure the business rules are met and the prioritization categories are applied,
and we ask for your flexibility in advance to best support BDOC sequencing.

Once BDOC is scheduled, Placement will work with each command to schedule Billet Specialty
Training for each of their new accessions, with each Officer authorized one of our six BSTs (ECO,
EKMS, Ammo Admin, Legal, AUXO, and ELECO).

parkers18

I have been searching around for information on this. I know that this thread is quite old, but does it still apply now? Do SWOs report to their ship until its their time for BDOC? I am just trying to make sure I plan accordingly for making living arrangements upon OCS graduation in a few months.

make sure I plan accordingly for making living arrangements upon OCS graduation in a few months.

Depending on the class availability, you may be entitled to go OHARP. I am currently doing OHARP since the next BDOC class is not til february. I commissioned last November.

parkers18

Depending on the class availability, you may be entitled to go OHARP. I am currently doing OHARP since the next BDOC class is not til february. I commissioned last November.

What is OHARP? Does it mean you just went home until the next class?

parkers18

You work at an officer recruiting office. It is a good time to be home before the next grind if I may say.

okay, that sounds good. Thank you for that info!

Random question, but do you happen to know if we can wear swim caps in OCS? Is our swim qual the first or second week?

okay, that sounds good. Thank you for that info!

Random question, but do you happen to know if we can wear swim caps in OCS? Is our swim qual the first or second week?
Nobody in my class did it. I do not think they will allow it. Trust me, that would be the last thing you will have to worry about when that time comes. You will have enough to change anyways.

parkers18

Nobody in my class did it. I do not think they will allow it. Trust me, that would be the last thing you will have to worry about when that time comes. You will have enough to change anyways.

okay, Im worried about having enough time to get the chlorine out of my hair that day lol. thank you.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
No, Im not actually. Asking a question about something small and random does not make it wrong.

Hal is right; you're worrying about the wrong things. Your DI is likely going to RPT you in the P-way as your class is getting ready to go to the pool, then RPT you at the pool, then rush you as you are getting dressed back into NWUs or whatever after the pool, and then RPT you again after you get back to barracks. You and the rest of your class are going to be a hot mess either way.

If you really care that much, then cut your hair very short (I'm not sure if you're allowed to shave it off like a dude), and keep it short for the duration of OCS. Swim caps, like many other luxuries at OCS, are limited or impractical when you are trying to get through each evolution as quickly as possible. You want to be the grey (wo)man at OCS. Don't stick out too much and keep your head down so you can get through. If you stick out, you will get special attention. If you try to be special, you will either cost your class dearly through RPT or other "punishments" or you will be singled out for RPT and counseling sessions (While in the front leaning rest) with your DIs and RDCs. You want none of those things.

If you want to know more, here's a copy of the Navy grooming standards: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...apter2/Pages/2201PersonalAppearance.aspx#hair

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I have been searching around for information on this. I know that this thread is quite old, but does it still apply now? Do SWOs report to their ship until its their time for BDOC? I am just trying to make sure I plan accordingly for making living arrangements upon OCS graduation in a few months.

It's likely that things have not changed much with BDOC. If your ship is CONUS, you will likely report there prior to BDOC. BDOC classes are held in Fleet concentration areas like Norfolk and San Diego. My suggestion is to focus on getting through OCS and ship selection before worrying about these things. If you don't have dependents, the easiest thing you can do is put everything in storage prior to heading out to OCS. This will make it easy to pick things up quickly for your PCS.

Your BDOC class date will depend upon your ship and OCS grad date. You will have time as a CandiO to take care of these things and you will also have a class team and other prior-enlisted folks to help you once you have a concrete idea of where you're going and what your operational schedule will look like.

parkers18

It's likely that things have not changed much with BDOC. If your ship is CONUS, you will likely report there prior to BDOC. BDOC classes are held in Fleet concentration areas like Norfolk and San Diego. My suggestion is to focus on getting through OCS and ship selection before worrying about these things. If you don't have dependents, the easiest thing you can do is put everything in storage prior to heading out to OCS. This will make it easy to pick things up quickly for your PCS.

Your BDOC class date will depend upon your ship and OCS grad date. You will have time as a CandiO to take care of these things and you will also have a class team and other prior-enlisted folks to help you once you have a concrete idea of where you're going and what your operational schedule will look like.

I appreciate the meaningful insight.