• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Weekly PT

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Has anyone in BDCP tried to organize a weekly PT for BDCP/OCS selectees?

There is likely a lot of BDCP or OCS selectees around my area, and before I get putting too much work into this, I figured i'd ask the other BDCP people. If someone tried to get this going in your area would you participate? Seems like it would be a good way to get some PT done and meet other people you might be at OCS with.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
It's been suggested many times in my area and then people realize they have a year and a half till OCS. Good idea but it usually fails due to laziness.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised there would even be enough people around anybody's area to do it . I don't know anybody near me who's in my same boat.

Do you guys actually have other OCS guys/gals at your schools? There are maybe like 5 (?) ROTC people at my school, and I'm pretty certain I'm the only Navy OCS guy.

I thought we were a rare breed.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
My understanding is there are at least like 4-5 BDCP at my school, and I would take a wild guess at maybe the same for OCS.

I know 3 USMC PLC Air guys who would be down. I can probably even swing some of the AFROTC/NROTC/AROTC guys. But I wanted the basis to be OCS/BDCP. If it was offered twice a week (like maybe Tues/Thurs mornings) would you go?

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
My understanding is there are at least like 4-5 BDCP at my school, and I would take a wild guess at maybe the same for OCS.

I know 3 USMC PLC Air guys who would be down. I can probably even swing some of the AFROTC/NROTC/AROTC guys. But I wanted the basis to be OCS/BDCP. If it was offered twice a week (like maybe Tues/Thurs mornings) would you go?

I would be very interested in something like this, but there is only 1 other guy I know of at my school who is BDCP SNA and I think a BDCP NFO. It is much harder for me to workout alone than if I had someone to suffer with.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would be very interested in something like this, but there is only 1 other guy I know of at my school who is BDCP SNA and I think a BDCP NFO. It is much harder for me to workout alone than if I had someone to suffer with.

If you need someone who runs faster than you to stay motivated, let me know. I'm here to help, as you know. ;)

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing more embarassing than having an "old guy" kick my ass in a run.:icon_wink

You got that straight. I figured it would be a good way for you to acclimatize yourself to being around "older" people.

Brett

joboy_2.0

Contributor
You got that straight. I figured it would be a good way for you to acclimatize yourself to being around "older" people.

Brett

Fair enough. I'll be in LA (more specifically the valley) next week for new years...although I can't imagine you'll be in any shape to run around new years..:party_125

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fair enough. I'll be in LA (more specifically the valley) next week for new years...although I can't imagine you'll be in any shape to run around new years..:party_125

FWIW, I let the amateurs drink and get arrested on New Years. The rest of the experienced partiers will he holed-up at home during that time.

Brett

joboy_2.0

Contributor
driving on new years in LA is more "bumper cars" than anything else.

anyway..I need to get off my fat ass and start running this next week. Haven't seen my abs since the PRT. The only problem is running down ventura or sherman way, I can actually feel the pollutants coating my alveoli and when I return it usually takes 2 hours of coughing and hocking to clear the tar out of my lungs...all in the name of better health.:)

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Well aren't you two the cute little couple. Too bad flash chat isn't around otherwise you too could sit around all night and joke together. Wait, I suppose that's a road I'm not allowed to go down...

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Well aren't you two the cute little couple. Too bad flash chat isn't around otherwise you too could sit around all night and joke together. Wait, I suppose that's a road I'm not allowed to go down...

If there is a lot of homoerotic joking in the Navy, you'll fit right in..:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'd sooner masturbate with a cheese grater. :eek:

Brett