• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Q's

easf25

I am a university student and plan to graduate in the spring of 2009. I'm interested in the BDCP and was wondering what I should do to prepare. I plan to take the Flight Aptitude Test this January. I am interested in being an Intel officer and am currently pursuing a Political Science degree. Is there anything I could be doing now (physically, activities, communication with the recruiter,etc.) that would maximize my chances at getting in? This sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's almost too good to be true. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Some out of character things I did that helped me:

- Went on a touchy-feely retreat in the mountains of Vermont and then applied for and got a retreat leader position for a future date. I did this solely to enhance my Navy app (hey, everybody's guilty of doing stuff just for the resume). They want leadership.
- Studied for several months for the ASTB.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Start working out on a consistent basis. It will be less of a shock when you get down to OCS.

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
I don't know what your aspirations are for intel, but certain foriegn languages help (arabic, farsi, russian, chinese). currently I am taking arabic, and according to my recruiter this helps my application. Get involved in your university with something outside of political science - diversify your interest. the navy appreciates a well rounded individuals.