• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP program Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightstuff

I am in the process of getting into the BDCP program as a Pilot Candidate. A friend of mine who became a Navy pilot through ROTC told me that if my application is accepted and I get a BDCP slot I am supposed to get a ride in a T-34C or another Navy training aircraft. I asked my recruiter and he wasn't sure, he said that he thought the ride only applied to Navy ROTC pilot candidates. I would appreciate it if someone with experience could clear this up for me. I am currently a Commercial rated pilot and fly often but would like to get a ride in a T-34C or another trainer just for the fun of it, I mean why not?

Edited by - rightstuff on 01/16/2002 15:38:11

vicki

He may have been referring to the ACES program that sent BDCP and other OCS folks down to P'cola for a week and got them a little T-34 stick time. The program ran out of money and was discontinued at the end of last fiscal year. I don't know if it is up and running again. If you get a chance to do it - take it. It's basically an expense paid vacation that revolves around flying - hell yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.