• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP process medical part

doubd88

I just started this process, took the astb (my recruiter said i was above average and pretty competitive with the scores i had) I am a junior and have a 3.2 GPA as a double major in Economics and Business Administration, the only problem is i had asthma as a child, it does not bother me now and i no longer take medicine, my recruiter says that it should not be an issue, but i have heard a lot of conflicting stories and i am worried i will not be able to pass the medical exam, is there anybody else out there that has a definitive answere or went through the same boat as i?

BUDU

Just went through it--had seasonal allergy-induced asthma (parents always thought it was actually bronchoconstriction though). Haven't had an inhalor since I was a kid, never had any troubles. Only thing was, the cutoff is 13 and my physician didn't comment on my asthma when I was 13--only when I was 14 to say symptoms were no longer present.

Made it through MEPS no problems, got pro-rec'd, then the national review office requested a spirometry test to confirm since there was no account of my condition at the cutoff age. Blew 114%, no troubles at all. Now I'm just waiting on a final select.

Best of luck to ya!

doubd88

thanks for the info, congrats on getting through all the long and boring stuff, waitin on final selection has gotta suck though

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I just started this process, took the astb (my recruiter said i was above average and pretty competitive with the scores i had) I am a junior and have a 3.2 GPA as a double major in Economics and Business Administration, the only problem is i had asthma as a child, it does not bother me now and i no longer take medicine, my recruiter says that it should not be an issue, but i have heard a lot of conflicting stories and i am worried i will not be able to pass the medical exam, is there anybody else out there that has a definitive answere or went through the same boat as i?

Probably not an issue....however, did you use the search function for this site? There is plenty of gouge to be had.

pensfan341

quick question....

I am taking the ASTB test in a week and I plan to start working on the application after that.

How long do you think the application process will take?
When do I have to perform my Physical Fitness Test?

blarged

ready
quick question....

I am taking the ASTB test in a week and I plan to start working on the application after that.

How long do you think the application process will take?
When do I have to perform my Physical Fitness Test?

Let's see ... I first spoke to my OR Fall of 2006. Found out I wasn't far enough along for BDCP. Started my application in Fall of 2007, took ASTB December of 2007. And I'm hoping to get my Final Select within a few weeks.

Granted I was non-select January 2008 and I didn't pick up my application again until March of 2009.

Moral of the story ... it varies for everyone. An average for a person who is very prompt with replies and requests from their OR would be: 2 months for application, 1 month for board waiting, 2 months for final select.

2 + 1 + 2 = 5 months-ish