• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bdcp Nupoc

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
etnuclearsailor said:
If it's nuclear power, not submarine service, that interests you more, then perhaps you could consider a posting as a nuclear power school instructor. Candidates for the NPS instructor program are commissioned as restricted line officers in the Human Resources community and sent to Officer Indoctrination School in Newport. After "knife and fork school", you'd go to Charleston, SC to teach reactor theory, math, physics, or any number of topics to enlisted nuclear power students. The tour is four years, and I have a feeling they may be more lenient towards your age (I knew instructors who were given waivers for a lot of other issues). Talk to the OSO and see what he/she thinks if this interests you.

Might be a good idea. Waivers to 35 are available to NPS Instr applicants. THe GPA is still low, but it will depend on what classes the poor grades came in, and if you retake them like you say, it will help. Also, for NPS Instr it really make a difference how good your interpersonal skills are. I recently talked to a guy that used to interview NUC applicants at Naval Reactors. He said that since the Instr applicants were going to be standing up in front of a classroom as well as conducting one on one instruction, they looked very closely at personality and communication skills. Maybe that will get you past the GPA thing. And since NPS Instrs are now HR guys you can stay in the Navy and take HR oriented billets. Back in the day, they did one 4 yrear tour and were done.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
etnuclearsailor said:
If it's nuclear power, not submarine service, that interests you more, then perhaps you could consider a posting as a nuclear power school instructor. Candidates for the NPS instructor program are commissioned as restricted line officers in the Human Resources community and sent to Officer Indoctrination School in Newport. After "knife and fork school", you'd go to Charleston, SC to teach reactor theory, math, physics, or any number of topics to enlisted nuclear power students. The tour is four years, and I have a feeling they may be more lenient towards your age (I knew instructors who were given waivers for a lot of other issues). Talk to the OSO and see what he/she thinks if this interests you.

I hate to keep peeing on the corn flakes, but instuuctor duty is much more selective than subs or ships. Along with the other recruiters that posted up, I do not see a good option for you.

The Intel age limit is 42 and you could apply for that but I think the Nuclear Program is a dead end for you.

haramitsu2112

Hey, went to the CNRC web site and found 11050- navy nuclear design engineer. My Gpa isn't good enough for that yet (2.8) but at the end of this summer it will be. The age is acceptable up to 35, but I want to go to OCS badly.
I just wanted to let all know that I submitted my package finally and am going to request to go to OCS before I graduate in or to to complete officer training before my 31th birthday.