• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP: My gouge

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Date changed to June 30th. I still have a month of drinking (and working out) left in me.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Good luck guys.

I may not be able to do OCS at all because my wrist surgery is turning out to be a total disaster. I had my bone spur removed almost 2 months ago and my range of motion is still suffering. I'm doing loads of physical therapy and trying to get my OCS date moved. Wish me luck.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
The sooner it starts, the sooner it's over. The lucky ones are already there and are about to finish. The unlucky ones are sitting around and waiting....
That would be me. I submitted my packet around January and I am hoping to make the June boards now.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
12. Talk to your advisor about your specific requirements related to your obligation. I was required to have my advisor send a letter to my processor confirming that I graduated. This is for degrees taking a long time to get conferred. Make sure your advisor has the processor's address as well as your's so you have a copy of the letter just in case. I was also able to get my advisor to have my name put on a list so my degree would be conferred earlier than the average graduate. Some schools take days while mine can take months. Then get your transcript sent once it is finished and double check it was received by your processor.

fusu

Hey guys,

I am applying BDCP for intel, IW and SWO (in that order) and wanted to know what kind of applicants are getting in.

58 OAR, 5,5,5 (only took it once, should i take it again?)
3.92 GPA (History/Chinese) Grinnell College (not that anyone has ever heard of it)
Varsity Track, XC and so on...

just curious, anyone gotten in lately? loggico has a great piece on his thread but it is from 2005.

anyway, whatever words of advice/encouragement you have would be much appreciated.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Your chances are zero if you do not apply.[/generic airwarriors answer]

Okay, no one can say for sure what your chances are, but that 3.92 from Grinnell looks really good to me. I wouldn't worry too much about the ASTB score, because only the OAR matters for the things you're applying for (get an idea about where that score falls here). The fact that you're taking Chinese should also look good on your application, especially for Intel. I was a history major at Furman University and took a year of Chinese after a semester in China, and I got picked up last month for Intel with a significantly lower GPA but a higher OAR. I highly recommend doing a community interview if that's at all possible (assuming you interview well), because that's something I did that I felt really helped my application package. Good luck.

latochamj

coach09
Awesome

Even though I'm new, I know that you get props Tom. Great post and I'm just trying to soke it all up and make changes to my package to compare. Thanks

Matt

Semisonic9

That would be me. I submitted my packet around January and I am hoping to make the June boards now.

Is this a standard experience? I was under the impression boards met every month, especially for more populated fields.

I'm looking at Intel, IW, and probably either Seabee or SWO, in that order. If I submit my packet in late May, what am I looking at as far as timelines from acceptance/rejection through everything else?

Lobster

Is this a standard experience? I was under the impression boards met every month, especially for more populated fields.

I'm looking at Intel, IW, and probably either Seabee or SWO, in that order. If I submit my packet in late May, what am I looking at as far as timelines from acceptance/rejection through everything else?

Each case is different, if you hurry up on your application you might be able to get it in sooner. Some people run into security problems or other things that might hold up making the boards or sometimes people just get rolled. I was rolled from July last year to August and never got a good reason for it.

pilot811

Fly High!
Hi everyone,

I was looking into the BDCP program and I had just emailed my Officer recruiter a few questions but I also wanted to get a second opinion to make sure things were straight.

1) If I was to get accepted into the BDCP program for aviation but for some reason I was to fail OCS what would happen?

2) If I was to get accepted into the BDCP program for aviation but for some reason I was to fail flight training then what?

I work out three days a week so I am in good physical shape and I am majoring in Aviation so I wouldn't see a reason for failing flight training but things happen. I have completed the application but I am waiting till the summer so I can talk to my recruiter more and then I would apply.

Any input would be of great help.

Kevin

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
1) You go to Great Lakes and serve out you commitment to the Navy as enlisted.
2) Possibility of re-designation or they could say cya

Another Ohio person on these boards! Good to see!

Watch out for those STDs at BGSU

Edit: By the way, are you dealing with the NRD Ohio out of Columbus? If so who is your recruiter (PM me that info)