• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP: My gouge

Lucy

Na, it is just that us Liberal Arts majors brains run so fast that some times we have to repeat for others to keep up. :-D

Jo Kelly

Thanks so much. Next question: If the BDCP is closed, is there another way to get a commission without dropping out of college? (My school doesn't have an ROTC detachment.)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Thanks so much. Next question: If the BDCP is closed, is there another way to get a commission without dropping out of college? (My school doesn't have an ROTC detachment.)

Even if your school doesn't have an ROTC program, there maybe a university nearby that does. Typically, you're allowed to attend military science courses at other universities to fulfill the ROTC requirements. I would start with that knowledge. Are there any large universities near you that might have a NROTC program?

Jo Kelly

The closest crosstown affiliate is about three hours away. How does NROTC work? Do I have to do PT every day, and if so, does it have to be with my detachment? Keep in mind I'm just starting out on this path, and I know nothing, so pretend I'm an idiot when you're explaining this stuff.

Thanks again.

~Jordan

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
The closest crosstown affiliate is about three hours away. How does NROTC work? Do I have to do PT every day, and if so, does it have to be with my detachment? Keep in mind I'm just starting out on this path, and I know nothing, so pretend I'm an idiot when you're explaining this stuff.

Thanks again.

~Jordan

There are a few ROTC Cadets (AF and Army) at my college, a satellite campus of Kansas State. They have to drive to the main campus (about an hour and 15 min) to do their military science classes. Typically, they end up driving 2 - 3 times per week. Most of the time, they carpool, so that saves on gas. Might be an option for you.