• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP, is this true?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it might be a really good thing I only have 6 more days left in the Navy. I'm growing very tired of hearing about enlisted recruiters doing this to people who are SOLEY interested in being officers. See, RockyMtnNFO can't go to Commander Navy Recruiting Command actual and tell him what's going on because he'd be jumping the chain of command. I can't do it either......YET. Come next Saturday however, I will have no legal, moral, or ethical oblication to bring this up to my chain of command because I will no longer have a chain of command. So, CNRC actual should probably be expecting an email from me here in about a week. This is pure bullsh!t and it needs to stop NOW!

Melissa, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Navy recruiter is going to come over to my house on Tuesday with information. He told me only those types of opportunities are available after you enlist. How hard is it to get into the Nuclear program? I am a college junior, majoring in Mathematics/Physic with a 3.2 GPA. Scored pretty well on the ACT, around 32.
What recruiter...the enlisted recruiter or the officer recruiter? If you tell an enlisted recruiter about your academics/other stats and you also mention being interested in the nuke program, you're going to make him salivate.

What types of opportunities did he tell you were available only after you enlist?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What recruiter...the enlisted recruiter or the officer recruiter? If you tell an enlisted recruiter about your academics/other stats and you also mention being interested in the nuke program, you're going to make him salivate.

What types of opportunities did he tell you were available only after you enlist?

Yeah, if this guy is doing what he appears to be doing, he needs to be called on it and have his COC notified. Completely unprofessional and unsat.

Brett

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
3) If, after the VIP you want to do this and you get invited, you go to the interview in Walshington D.C. where you have two technical briefs with current engineers and then with the Admiral providing you passed the tech briefs. If you see the Admiral, they pretty much want you so jsut throw up on him and you will get in.

That's not entirely true...everybody talks to the Admiral, even if you didn't get it (unless it's changed since 2002). The hard part is screening for the interviews, if you go to DC, it's yours to lose, they have a slot for you, you're not competing with anyone else for it (like you would be in the civilian world).

The idea is for you to "pass" both technical interviews, which is basically having a civilian engineer at NR stare at you while you work out a problem he conctocted without a calculator or any type of reference sheet.

If you get a third interview, your spidey senses should be going off...it means you botched one of the previous 2 interviews. On the bright side though, they're giving you a second chance, if you nail it, you passed 2 of 3, which is good enough for them. It's possible that someone will flub both interviews, and the 3rd won't be offered because they know they're not going to select you.

melissanavy07

He was an enlisted recruiter, and he stated the nuke program and BDCP were available after enlisting. The thing was that I need to get into the Navy before I could apply for any of the opportunities. How hard are the Technical tests? I haven't done any mathematic classes in about a year. My AP scores gave me credit for the first year of Calculus and Physics. Will the Navy accept that? The AP exams and scores are showing on my official college transcripts. I would need to refresh my memory if the test are extremely hard. How hard is it to get selected after I turn in the application? How many letters of recommendation are needed? I don't know anyone that was previously in the military, but I do know some good professors and a few business owners. Does the board look more favorably at recommendations from retired military? Should I raise my GPA before applying? It's currently 3.2, and I'm a Mathematics major/Physics minor. I scored a 33 on my ACT test, and I'm physically qualified. I took a DODMERB exam back in high school, but I know I would have to take the test at MEPS. No legal violations, not even a traffic ticket. No financial problems, I've never even had a credit card.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
How hard are the Technical tests? I haven't done any mathematic classes in about a year. My AP scores gave me credit for the first year of Calculus and Physics. Will the Navy accept that? The AP exams and scores are showing on my official college transcripts.

If it's on your transcript, you're fine. The technical interviews vary, as they base it off your transcript. Being a physics major limits what they can ask you, so take a look at your transcript and know that anything is fair game, but they'll proably focus on Calculus and Newtonian physics. Your GPA is fine, go ahead and apply, the interviews take place once a month, and the beauty of it is you'll find out right after the interview if you've been accepted (you should also know, that it's binding, so make sure you want to do it before you go to DC).

Tom

pilot
Contributor
My recruiter for BDCP is enlisted, but I think that may have to do with the fact that there is not much interest in the Navy in North Dakota.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter for BDCP is enlisted, but I think that may have to do with the fact that there is not much interest in the Navy in North Dakota.
Some officer recruiters are enlisted. I'm guessing yours is a chief?

nugget81

pilot

Hence the reason he works at both the Enlisted and Officer Programs offices.