• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP is Back! (2022 Version)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do they look closer to your GPA and OAR scores than normally?
It is probably the best deal in commissioning avenues of all the services. What do you think that will do to competition? Back in the day that meant a closer look at everything from GPA and OAR to major, leadership experience, employment history, etc.

wonderb0iwl

It is probably the best deal in commissioning avenues of all the services. What do you think that will do to competition? Back in the day that meant a closer look at everything from GPA and OAR to major, leadership experience, employment history, etc.

My FOFAR is kind of low but if they take a holistic look then I think I would be competitive all things considered. I'll ask my recruiter about it, if it doesn't work out I can always apply for a regular commission another board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My FOFAR is kind of low but if they take a holistic look then I think I would be competitive all things considered. I'll ask my recruiter about it, if it doesn't work out I can always apply for a regular commission another board.

If you’re applying for aviation BDCP you probably need both a good ASTB AND GPA (maybe a 3.0+).

FormerRecruitingGuru

How is a 7/6/6? My oar is 67, gpa is 3.8 for a stem major, and at a competitive school. Also have lots of academic achievements and leadership/project management experience.

Check out the aviation board threads to see where you stack, that’ll probably be a solid baseline for now.

In the end it comes down to demonstrating your ability to learn and pass flight school. The ASTB score is a key indicator of that.

It doesn’t matter if you were president of key club, etc. if you don’t have the ability to pass flight school.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Hey everyone I have a very specific question to myself in regards to BDCP. Currently I’m going to college with the Post 9/11 GI bill as I was an enlisted maintainer in the navy out of high school. I’m currently hoping to get BDCP as a future SNA and I was wondering since that makes you active duty “technically” do I have to surrender the BAH benefit from the post 9/11 since I’d be getting enlisted BAH or will I be able to double dip the benefit? I’m assuming I’ll have to surrender the BAH from the GI bill but I can’t find anything on this situation online

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hey everyone I have a very specific question to myself in regards to BDCP. Currently I’m going to college with the Post 9/11 GI bill as I was an enlisted maintainer in the navy out of high school. I’m currently hoping to get BDCP as a future SNA and I was wondering since that makes you active duty “technically” do I have to surrender the BAH benefit from the post 9/11 since I’d be getting enlisted BAH or will I be able to double dip the benefit? I’m assuming I’ll have to surrender the BAH from the GI bill but I can’t find anything on this situation online

Almost certain you can't be double dipping "stipends", but in the end why does it matter if you'll be receiving the same?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Almost certain you can't be double dipping "stipends", but in the end why does it matter if you'll be receiving the same?
It honestly doesn’t matter much it’s just a question I came up with but that’s what I assumed the case would be. Either way with the post 9/11 paying my tuition and getting all the active duty benefits that’s a good place to be in.

flyORdie

Maybe a dumb question... My officer recruiter is telling me I should do BDCP. The problem, I am at a college with a Navy ROTC program. I told him this but he said that this isn't a factor. I even told him the requirements online say otherwise but he said I can still do BDCP. Did they remove this exclusion?