• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Degree Plan

streborhcaz

So my recruiter sent me a NAVCRUIT 1131/4 (Rev. 2-08) form to fill out to inform the Navy of the classes I have left until I graduate. Has anyone ever filled one of these out? The first section asks for courses previously earned, but it only gives me 7 blanks and I'm pretty sure anyone filling out this form has taken more than 7 classes previously. Also, the from wants the following information: course, course number, hours, and title. What would go in the "title" blank? I would appreciate any help from someone who has previously filled one of these forms out. Thanks. :)

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I believe the first part is for transfer credits. Title I used the course description; for instance Biology 113: TITLE Introduction to Biology. Another example; Physics 111: TITLE Newtonian Mechanics, etc...Hope this helps!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So my recruiter sent me a NAVCRUIT 1131/4 (Rev. 2-08) form to fill out to inform the Navy of the classes I have left until I graduate. Has anyone ever filled one of these out? :)

Nope, you're the first! :eek:

(you left yourself wide open on that one....)

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
It's been a while... But from what I remember. If it is a non-technical course, you just write that. So it is irrelevant if it is under-water basket weaving, or international studies. I'm pretty much sure that piece of instruction is printed on the form. That leaves you with just your technical classes. If your school was like mine you have no idea when courses will be offered other than maybe the following quarter. I was told just to take a best guess, and be sure to list everything required to graduate with the degree you specified. If the course changes that is fine, update the form and have it signed by a counselor again.

nugget81

pilot
Take your time and actually plan out your remaining semesters in a logical manner. If you plan it out right, you may not need to make changes later on. If you don't know what you have left, then talk to your counselor/advisor and get some help. The form isn't rocket surgery, so don't overthink it.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Take your time and actually plan out your remaining semesters in a logical manner. If you plan it out right, you may not need to make changes later on. If you don't know what you have left, then talk to your counselor/advisor and get some help. The form isn't rocket surgery, so don't overthink it.

For clarification. I had all the courses I planned to take in a Word document on my computer. For the purposes of the ADCP I dumbed it down so that I would have to make less corrections. As Nugget said, if you don't know what you have to take to graduate, figure it out. Write it down to make sure your timetable works correctly, and leave yourself some 'cushion' as things rarely work out exactly as planned.

fusu

you can also just mark down "elective/non-technical" in a box if it is a course unrelated to your major. this gives you more flexibility. you need to make sure to have down all the courses requisite to your major.

nugget81

pilot
Oh, and never put extra courses that you don't need to graduate. It's easier to take an extra course here and there that you didn't put down than it is to skip a class that you told the Navy you would be taking on your ADCP.