• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP/Aviation Degree

JayPull85

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place.
What is a good 4 yeaer degree to get?
Would an aviation degree beneficial if my intentions were to fly for the navy?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I know people who went through BDCP who majored in aviation, business, engineering, marketing and computer science. Major in something that you enjoy AND can make money in.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I have a friend flying t-45's now and he is only 21. I believe he was even like 19 in ocs. He had ap's in high school and took like 20 hours year around, and out in two years. <pretty hard to do..with a gpa around 3.4, but can be done.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Yeah I have a friend flying t-45's now and he is only 21. I believe he was even like 19 in ocs. He had ap's in high school and took like 20 hours year around, and out in two years. <pretty hard to do..with a gpa around 3.4, but can be done.
I have a buddy who was flying the F-16 at age 20. DUAL ENROLLMENT!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

I got an engineering degree in 3 years. It can be done.

nugget81

pilot
What's with all the overachievers getting their degrees in 2 or 3 years? College isn't a race--it's a time to be enjoyed. I spent 5 years on my degree and I'm still doing just fine. :icon_tong

Choose a field that seems interesting to you and run with it. Always have a backup plan or two in case things don't work out quite as planned.

Reactions: Tom

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
What's with all the overachievers getting their degrees in 2 or 3 years? College isn't a race--it's a time to be enjoyed. I spent 5 years on my degree and I'm still doing just fine. :icon_tong

Choose a field that seems interesting to you and run with it. Always have a backup plan or two in case things don't work out quite as planned.

When you've spent a year in Prescott, AZ with 3 ugly engineering chicks in the whole school while your friends are in USC and UCSD banging hot coeds, suddenly, an engineering degree in 3 years seems less painful than staying for 4.

4 years would have caused me to swallow the business end of a 12 gauge.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
I did the aviation degree thing. It was fun flying x-countries to vegas while regular college kids were writing their thesis. But did it help me get a flight spot? No. To be honest I kinda wish I did physics or engineering, cuz all my degree taught me is that I don't want to fly for the airlines.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My degree is in aviation management..while I got the flying stuff, I also got a healthy dose of business from a good business school. There is a "professional pilot" track offered but I chose the management side because of the stats, finance, accountings, and bagillion management classes that gives me options outside of the industry...or other parts of the industry. I also have an air traffic control minor that allows me to go to the ATC academy should I go that route...it was actually a tough degree.

Lobster

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place.
What is a good 4 yeaer degree to get?
Would an aviation degree beneficial if my intentions were to fly for the navy?

Everyone said it right but the bottom line is you need a degree from an accredited college or university.