• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Application and EPSQ

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
I am considering the BDCP right now, and I have been talking with the local Navy Officer Recruiter for a while. I just took the ASTB last week, which is how I found this forum. I was looking for study guides/tips for taking the test.

Anyways, I just emailed my recruiter just to check up on things, and he asked me to fill out and send him my application and EPSQ. He's on the road doing recruiting things, so he'll be out of contact for a little while. My question is, what is this EPSQ and application? Is there a form I can find online somewhere to fill out, because I was never sent anything by my recruiter.

awesomes

Kick ass, take names, ask questions later
The EPSQ is a long and tedious form used for background checks/security clearances. It is practically a life history and a complete pain to fill out. You should talk to your recruiter about it.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
The EPSQ is a long and tedious form used for background checks/security clearances. It is practically a life history and a complete pain to fill out. You should talk to your recruiter about it.

Not entirely true. It doesn't require much information before you were 18 (with the exception of crimes/drug use) so filling it out at 19 was a lot more painless than some of the other issues I needed to worry about (still do such as citizenship blah blah blah)

awesomes

Kick ass, take names, ask questions later
I just remember it being a pain because I had had a bunch of different jobs and had moved a few times after I was 18 and they wanted all of that information. Hopefully it won't be so bad for you.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Just print out a paper copy and give it to your recruiter. They'll take care of getting the paperwork to the right people.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Just talk to your recruiter and they will explain everything. My EPSQ had some function where I saved a filed and emailed it to my recruiter, who then had me sign a printed copy. Start finding out your employer's middle names now.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
All these people that I am listing on here...is the DSS actually going to contact them? I went to Ft. Knox for a month this last summer, and then New York, but basically all the people that knew me in New York were relatives, and I don't know the contact info of anyone at Ft. Knox.

I should probably talk to my recruiter about all of this...the thing is that he is going to be out of contact for a while, and he wants me to finish it before he gets back.

Also, does anyone have the BDCP application that they could send me?

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Not entirely true. It doesn't require much information before you were 18 (with the exception of crimes/drug use) so filling it out at 19 was a lot more painless than some of the other issues I needed to worry about (still do such as citizenship blah blah blah)

Last I heard it was when you were 16, not 18. Unless they changed it in the last 12 months. Either way, for most people the EPSQ is a major PITA, albeit a necessary one. Just gotta suck it up.

WishICouldFly: Count on them being contacted. If you are getting a Secret level clearance, odds are they will just file your application for later work. But if some details don't add up (street names changed, company you worked for no longer exists, etc) someone might get called. And if you get put up for a Top Secret clearance, they all WILL be called. As a courtesy, I notified most of the people I listed that I was joining the military and they might get a phone call. As far as travel, only list places that were your legal residence and stuff out of country. A month-long summer vacation within the US isn't quite the same as a month long vacation in Tehran.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Also, does anyone have the BDCP application that they could send me?

I don't think it would be appropriate for anyone but an officer recruiter to send out an application. When you talk to a recruiter make sure to ask for an application in Microsoft Word document rather than the PDF document. The Word document allows changes to be saved. This is crucial because of the hours it takes to fill out an application. One little typo shouldn't require 2 hours of refilling information out because the PDF files are usually protected.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Just an update, I called my recruiter yesterday, and he sent me an EPSQ program and a bunch of documents (including one about tattoos lol) to fill out. Thanks for the help, guys...now I'm just trying to backtrack and find people that knew me 7 years ago...

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Good luck with everything. If you have any questions feel free to ask.