• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP and getting NPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy101

Does anybody know what happens if you are in the bdcp and graduate from OCS but get npq by NAMI right before starting api. Will the Navy allow you to pick a new designator or will they place you somewhere for 4 years until you fulfill your obligatiion? I ask because if something should happen I would like to be an nfo or any unrestricted line officer and not get stuck behind a desk for 4 years. Any info would be great. Thanks

Ironnads

Once you're commisioned, you owe the Navy at least 4 years. If you're BDCP and NPQ at the beginning of ocs, you're going to be sitting in PCOLA for a while. There are a whole lot of guys down there right now that NPQ'd and can't go home because of BDCP. They have to sit around until the Navy finds them a new designator.

Travis Alexander

navy101

Thanks for the info guys. Ironnads, do you know if those guys were able to pick a new designator or will the Navy find one for them?

Ironnads

I don't really know. When I was down there, all of the designators were full, so no one was going anywhere. One BDCP guy that was in student pool with me showed up a few pounds over weight (I'm guessing about 20 pounds over) and they busted him down to E-3 and shipped him off to Great Lakes.

Travis Alexander

vballindaytona

mischievous_125.gif
damn that sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.