• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP and Drug Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTex

Hello all, I am wanting to enroll in BDCP however I recently experimented with marijuana. I am fully willing to admit it to a recruiter, but must you take a drug test to get your BDCP benefits? Please do not tell me that marijuana is wrong and all that yada yada, because no one is perfect and it was only once. It was one of those dumb college mistakes. I only want to know if having THC in my system will disqualify me from successful enrollment in the BDCP. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

magnetfreezer

Hello all, I am wanting to enroll in BDCP however I recently experimented with marijuana. I am fully willing to admit it to a recruiter, but must you take a drug test to get your BDCP benefits? Please do not tell me that marijuana is wrong and all that yada yada, because no one is perfect and it was only once. It was one of those dumb college mistakes. I only want to know if having THC in my system will disqualify me from successful enrollment in the BDCP. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Why don't you ask the recruiter? I'm sure if you tell him you recently smoked up, he can probably put 2 and 2 together and conclude that you'll probably bust Operation Golden Flow and advise you of the current ramifications.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Hello all, I am wanting to enroll in BDCP however I RECENTLY experimented with marijuana.

That was dumb.

I am fully willing to admit it to a recruiter, but must you take a drug test to get your BDCP benefits?

Yes you must take a drug test.

Please do not tell me that marijuana is wrong and all that yada yada, because no one is perfect and it was only once.

You are correct that no one is perfect but I'm sure there are other more qualified candidates who haven't RECENTLY used MJ. Also since it was so recent how can anyone believe you won't do it again.

It was one of those dumb college mistakes.
It's also a mistake that a lot of other young BDCP candidates don't make.

I only want to know if having THC in my system will disqualify me from successful enrollment in the BDCP.
If it is in your system you will not get accepted. End of story.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
You're welcome.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think magnetfreezer and Lazers covered all the points. I'm closing this thread.

Cloak

BDCP question

I have one degree in History already and I am going back to Ohio State in January to finish up a Bio-Medical Engineering degree. Am I eligible for BDCP if I already have one degree? I just spoke with the NRTOC officer and he said that since I have a degree I am not eligible for NRTOC which is a bummer.

Also...would it be wiser for me to just reapply to OCS come spring next year after I have the required engineering courses done so I can apply to an engineering position with the Navy? I was one physics and one math class shy of being able to that for my first attempt in September.

Any knowledge you can impart would be fantastic. Thanks!

Jason

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Someone else can and most likely will answer your question. I can't but I would tell you to contact an Officer Recruiter and ask him. It never hurts to try. Find the number for the Navy Recruiting District in your area and make sure you talk to someone in Officer Programs.

m26

Contributor
Someone on AW got into BDCP in a master's program, so I can imagine it's possible.

Cloak

Yeah...I really do NOT want to with the same OR I had for this first attempt at the selection board. The guy has done nothing for me. Hell I haven't actually talked to him since I took my ASTB in July...I've even called the place multiple times. Always get the other OR or the secretary. Haha, figures.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.