• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bar Stool Economics

SkywardET

Contrarian
Although the topic is now about tuition payments, I noticed that nobody seemed to mention how every source of income will become taxed under the "fair tax" system.

Combat pay, hazardous duty pay, BAH, BAS, all SRB payouts regardless of where the member re-enlisted, and so forth. All of that cash will be taxed. Is it fair to suddenly tax what has been tax free incentives for the grunts in the shit? Just throwing that out there.

"Fair tax" is a misnomer. It should be called an "equal sales tax" instead. The only fair tax would be no tax.

navy09

None
And I should have clarified and said that with this hypothetical person I assumed he wasn't making enough at his job that required only a high school diploma to be eligible to pay taxes. Given THAT situation where its not paying anything VS. paying something then yes he did "pay back" his government education funding. My fault for assuming I was clear on what I meant when I said "...(he) wouldn't be paying taxes at all..."

Most HS grads are still making enough to pay some taxes, there are plenty of middle class jobs that don't require a degree. Still, I see where you were coming from.