• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH while doing OHARP?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That's called recruiting duty, which is definitely not due course. :D
Pickle's service record, with a big red circle around his glowing (1/1, #1 EP, 5.0, ¡¡ERMAHGERD PRESSSS 100 NOW MUST SELECT!!) concurrent O4 fitrep for his OHARP TAD, when it gets briefed to some selection/admin/whatever board at bupers:

AULANI

Personnel with dependents will get BAH for their Home of Record ( or whatever they put down as that ) for their time at OCS and it will continue during OHARP.
Be aware that if you are dual military only your spouse will receive full BAH while you will get partial BAH ($800-ish) while at OCS and OHARP.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pickle's service record, with a big red circle around his glowing (1/1, #1 EP, 5.0, ¡¡ERMAHGERD PRESSSS 100 NOW MUST SELECT!!) concurrent O4 fitrep for his OHARP TAD, when it gets briefed to some selection/admin/whatever board at bupers:

Pretty sure I have all players beat for "record scratch noise in the tank service record." No adverse material, just very, very nonstandard. :)

Airhead901

Not pertaining to OHARP but its another BAH question... my permanent duty station is Milton so will I be getting full BAH when I check in for API??

One LT told me a few weeks before graduating OCS that we don't get full BAH while we are there for API and a different one (STUCON DIVO) said that if Milton is our permanent duty station we get full BAH when we report to Pensacola. My gut tells me to believe the LT that oversees STUCON issues, but still confused and its important to know for preparing my budget.

AULANI

My admin department said that I would be getting single BAH while at OCS. I am mil to mil. We currently both get single BAH so it should still be continuing
Negative. You are living in the barracks while at OCS so you don't qualify for single BAH as a Mil to Mil.

cinnamon

Negative. You are living in the barracks while at OCS so you don't qualify for single BAH as a Mil to Mil.

I’ve been informed by both PSD and individuals who have been to OCS already, as MIL to MIL, that you get single BAH while training.

Candidates who are married or have dependents get E-5 BAH so idk why it would be any different for an individual with prior service or AD just because their spouse is also military.

I guess it will either be confirmed or denied at Newport ?

kookylukey

For anyone that did OHARP in the past, did it push back your date for when you started NIFE/API? Or is it more of if you do OHARP you just wait in your hometown instead of pcola?

kookylukey

For anyone that did OHARP in the past, did it push back your date for when you started NIFE/API? Or is it more of if you do OHARP you just wait in your hometown instead of pcola?

For anyone coming here in the future, it does not in fact move your start date back. You will start the same day as everyone else in your OCS class.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Can I OHARP as an O-4? Should be a nice paid vacation...
I know this a late post, but it doesn’t say there is a limit for oharp duty, in fact it is highly encouraged for enlisted and officer to do harp duty. I have done both rap and harp duty

Mouselovr

Contributor
For anyone coming here in the future, it does not in fact move your start date back. You will start the same day as everyone else in your OCS class.
As of Jul 2022, this is outdated information. Class up date is contingent on check in date to NAS Pensacola. OHARP does delay your class up for NIFE.

Things change with time

exNavyOffRec

As of Jul 2022, this is outdated information. Class up date is contingent on check in date to NAS Pensacola. OHARP does delay your class up for NIFE.

Things change with time
Yes they do, and a lot would vary on current factors and those in charge, with this current change it would seem to discourage OHARP. In the past they would get a class up date but the waits were long enough they would send them out until class up date was close. I guess it was nice to have someone else keep track of them lol