• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH for newly commissioned officers

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You ARE gay aren't you?

0809233207.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I have a bit of experience on being stashed in Champaign, having lived there for almost 4 years of my life (incidentally almost the balance of my adult life). It sort of sucks. There aren't that many attractive women there, even near/at U of I, but that's just my recollection...I remember coming back to Lexington, KY, and being amazed by how many attractive women there were there by comparison...of course, YMMV.

metro

I think he's just feeling nostalgic...;)

That being said, some of my fondest carnal memories happened on that campus, but that's another story for another time...or a story for no time, not sure which.

Notso07

None
Us Academy grads are getting screwed by this as well, I have to have a followup surgery in NOV, so will have to be stashed in naptown till sometime in Jan before they let me show up down at flight school. Try living in Naptown on the reduced BAH. Even if you are in a house with 3 other guys you'll still be paying out of pocket. The best part is there weren't any school dates given to the academy after Nov (aside from grad school kids), so noone else stashing that long to room with. Over the 6-7 mos I'll be stashed, there is something like a 6 grand difference between real annapolis BAH and the BAH-II that they are going to give me, going to have to dig into my career starter loan just to survive till pcola.

metro

Update on this for my situation...I had never heard of "table rate" BAH until I started receiving it. Like the first post said, about $530 a month. That sucks, especially when you are living in the same apartment you were living in when you were in BDCP, before you went to OCS.

I was told that if the newly commissioned officer can obtain a letter from the command they are attached to stating that there is no government housing available in the area that they can get full single BAH, so it might be something to check into. I know I am going to...the extra $200 a month that I had expected to receive and had therefore budgeted in will go a long way.

Notso07

None
I'm going to have to try that, for us in annapolis its not an extra 200 a month, its an extra 800 a month.

Notso07

None
I'm going to have to talk to some people about that. I thought I would just have to dig into my loan to survive for the 8 mos I have to stay here due to an ear surgery. It just doesn't make sense to give someone "transient' pay for 9 months. In annapolis its not 200 they are shorting us a month but 800. The BAH is set at 1340 here for a reason, even the shittiest studios in the worst parts of town are around 900 to a 1000 a month, 530 just doesn't cut it. Roomates are fine, but all the other mids will be taking off by oct, as nov was the last flight school date offered, so I'd still have to pay for at least half my time here without roomates. If anyone knows a way to get around this, please let me know, it just doesn't seem right.

Notso07

None
Does anyone know what the actual document that sets out the BAH rules is? I've searched for a long time and can't find ant specifics on the BAH-transit rate. I know for the BAH reserve component rate, there is a time limit of 20 weeks, if the reservist is going to be activated for longer than that they get full BAH. I was just trying to find if something similar exists for BAH-transit rate. Being in "transit" for 8 months just seems ridiculous.