• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH at OCS

nugget81

pilot
I spoke to PSD (personnel support activity detachment for those not knowing) today and it appears that there was a rule change last Nov concerning BAH at OCS. Before the rule change, you did not receive BAH while at OCS unless you had dependents (married or kids, etc). However, the new rules state that if you were receiving BAH before arriving at OCS, then you are entitled to BAH regardless of marital status (this means that BDCP and Priors will get BAH even if they are single and without dependents.) For you guys off the street, still no BAH at OCS.

Also, don't expect the BAH to continue while at OCS. Mine stopped right after I checked in, but then I received a rather large backpay the week before graduation.

zarra182

i confirm this. but one thing you have to do is make sure they know you were getting it before you arrived at OCS. If you want to, you can get BAH the whole time while at OCS instead of getting a backpay check. The reason for this is the system has not been updated and just erases the BAH. so just check with the PSD and they can update your account

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Your backpay check is waiting for you in the SUYA, BDCP boy. I'm sure one of the Gunny's will help you dig it up.

KSUFLY

pilot
Your backpay check is waiting for you in the SUYA, BDCP boy. I'm sure one of the Gunny's will help you dig it up.

I'm on my way to P-Cola to pick it up. Thanks!!!

Don't hate me because I'm a product of BDCP.

Are you serious? This is awesome. BDCP is the best kept secret in the Navy. I was looking forward to getting a 50% pay cut when going to OCS...

rbordenave1989

Anyone know where the instruction is for this? Im prior enlisted heading to OCS in November, and just looking for clarify if I continue to receive BAH or not

rbordenave1989

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! This may set a record.

Do you have dependants?

I know, I've been doing some digging and haven't found what I've been looking for!

No I do not have dependents. However, I am currently receiving E-4 BAH in Norfolk to pay mortgage for a house me and my girlfriend live in, and was just hoping to continue to receive that BAH while im in OCS and follow on flight training.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure your GF doesn't factor in. If you're currently receiving single BAH, you won't get BAH at OCS until you commission.