• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH and TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Once I finally get to TBS, I will be married but my wife will NOTaccompany me there. So I know that I will live in the BOQ. I heard somewhere that I will still recieve BAH for my wife while she stays here in TX. Anybody know if this is true or ever happened? Also a side note does anyone know if I am doing IFS and in Mike Co. will that also get me BAH? Can I do IFS any where else but Quantico? Lots of questions I know but I had to get it out there. :confused:

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Yes, you will rate BAH as a GEO Bachelor (which is what you will be if your wife doesn't come with you)-- and yes it happens quite often. You will get BAH at TBS regardless of company, and mike company is no exception. I'm not too sure about having to do IFS at TBS or not, but it is my understanding that if you accrue a certain amount of flight time before TBS you then don't do IFS.

buddywee

You will draw the BAH rate for Quantico starting the day that you check into Mike Company. For a brand new 2nd Lt with dependants, the rate is $1100/month...regardless of where your wife lives. If you are prior enlisted, the rate is $1384/month.

As of right now, they are having air contracts complete IFS at Quantico Air Station prior to starting The Basic School, unless you have a certain number of hours. It takes about 30 days. If your report date is only a week or so away from your pick up date, you will have to complete IFS after you graduate. That is what I am doing now. I graduated with Echo Co on January 22...and thanks to the paperwork process...I am still waiting to start IFS.

***MAKE SURE YOUR FLIGHT PHYSICAL IS GOOD TO GO BEFORE YOU COME HERE...THEY ARE GOOD FOR TWO YEARS...SO IF YOU HAVE TIME BEFORE YOU COME...HAVE IT REDONE. IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF TROUBLE IN THE LONG RUN***

S.F.

2nd Lt Tremblay

P.S. If you guys have any other questions...feel free to shoot them my way.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
How does it feel being done now with TBS? Best feeling in the world but that goes away soon down here. Anyways I thought they stopped using Quantico Flying Club for IFS I heard everything is at Manassas? Where will you do it?

buddywee

Hey, what's up. I gather from the username that you too have played with the MGS a time or two. I was part of TOW platoon, HQ Co, 8th MAR Reg before I got accepted for MECEP...quite a gig. There are a ton of 52's that made the jump...

I actually liked TBS...but Camp Barrett gets old real fast. I am in IFS right now at the Quantico Flight Club. They are using both Quantico and Manassas. I just didn't feel like driving an hour each way to Dulles.

Good luck!

Tremblay

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
38 lbs of crap=MGS

buddywee said:
Hey, what's up. I gather from the username that you too have played with the MGS a time or two. I was part of TOW platoon, HQ Co, 8th MAR Reg before I got accepted for MECEP...quite a gig. There are a ton of 52's that made the jump...

I actually liked TBS...but Camp Barrett gets old real fast. I am in IFS right now at the Quantico Flight Club. They are using both Quantico and Manassas. I just didn't feel like driving an hour each way to Dulles.

Good luck!

Tremblay
Yeah thanks for the note I should be up there on tuesday on my last cross country. I should be there for three days if all goes well ie squadron lets us go during the week and weather permitting. So if you want to see the mighty T-34C Turbo prop try to be around the flight club this week. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.