• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bags at ECRC?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...if the Chinese invade Honolulu next week or some damn thing, and we're mobilizing everybody - this-is-no-shit, all-hands-to-battlestations - there's zero excess capacity the way things are now. So re-gen'ing the other NMPS sites makes, I think, a certain amount of good sense.

Gee, if there were only a place that reserve folks were assigned to and have facilities to take care of much of the mobilization stuff already. Jimminy Christmas, NOSC's are far from perfect but they are already a baseline to work from if the Mogul Horde decides to cross the steppes again. Work with what you have, you don't need to reinvent the damn wheel.

Let's be realistic, if the shit hits the fan we ain't going to be doing a wholesale Navy Reserve mobilization rapidly. There will be some folks that will get spun up rapidly but overall it ain't happening. And even if we did a full mobilization whoever lessons were learned from the shitty NMPS's will either rapidly be forgotten or thrown out the window anyways, just because.

I love how we all go through the “readiness” pain train every year, when it all has to be re-verified at ECRC pre-mob anyway. Apparently, the terrorists win if every RC IA doesn’t literally take three physicals first. How much risk are we really buying down in a mass mobilization by putting this extra wicket in the process?

^^^^ Yeah, this.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love how we all go through the “readiness” pain train every year, when it all has to be re-verified at ECRC pre-mob anyway. Apparently, the terrorists win if every RC IA doesn’t literally take three physicals first. How much risk are we really buying down in a mass mobilization by putting this extra wicket in the process?

Well, I spent 2-ish hours waiting to re-do an audiology exam because it wasn't on the right form. And I'm current and on flight status. Most of the NMPS nonsense is, as far as I can tell, wired to allow Big Navy to cover its ass for future VA claims. Getting people forward to fight is a distant second.

Let's be realistic, if the shit hits the fan we ain't going to be doing a wholesale Navy Reserve mobilization rapidly.

Arguably that's what ECRC should be able to do. The question is whether Big Navy wants to pay for that capacity.