• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bags at ECRC?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For any who’ve been through ECRC Norfolk for mobilization lately: do they actually give a damn about wearing flight suits there? I know it says ‘not authorized’ in the orders boilerplate but I’ve seen dudes wearing them there in the past. If I can get away with not having to dig out my guacs and schlep then with me, I’d rather.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was there about 2 1/2 years ago, and I didn’t see anyone chancing it then. My HHG were packed, and I didn’t feel like playing reindeer games with them to prove a point about the stupidity of their “no bags” verbiage.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For any who’ve been through ECRC Norfolk for mobilization lately: do they actually give a damn about wearing flight suits there? I know it says ‘not authorized’ in the orders boilerplate but I’ve seen dudes wearing them there in the past. If I can get away with not having to dig out my guacs and schlep then with me, I’d rather.

They were pretty firm on the no bags thing the last time I went, I think I was the only one in khakis that week. I'll ask one of our recent MOB's for the latest.

EDIT: Our most recent MOB (4 months ago) didn't test the no bag rule and didn't see anyone else try either, he just wore khakis until his guacs were ready.

Last edited:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Very firm on no bags. Didn’t help that there were only 2 folks with wings in my class.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Balls. Well, thought that might be the case, but figured it couldn’t hurt to ask around.

I heard ECRC will issue you 4x sets of new Type IIIs.

Yeah, they will; I still have them leftover from my last mob, buried someplace in the basement. But since I’m going on a CONUS flying mob now, I figured maybe I could wriggle out of wearing them again, let alone getting more. But c’est la guerre.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I was there a year ago, in a bag the whole time. We were there as a unit, though, and the skids had been pre-greased. They are an anal bunch, but as was stated - what are they going to do to you?