• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bad day in the sim

onedge

pilot
Thank all of you for the help. I have recovered, fixed myself and will be off to the airplane sometime soon to give it a shot.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Anyone know how much $$ those lockheed/retired military people make that run the sims? Seems like that could be a good job after getting out, not sure

I dunno. Sure, money is cool, but being stuck in a freezing cold building that smells like a nursing home doesn't seem like it'd be that great.

Of course, that is just Bldg 89...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dunno how much each instructor clears, but when we checked into the squadron they kept saying the sims cost the squadron around $800 for each one (the full motion helo sims). So, figure you can have 6 of those per block, 15 times a day, that adds up.

The simulator contract support is a government contract so when competed, it is typically awarded to the lowest bidder. That means salaries aren't spectacular and those looking for more income eventually move on, but most of the time, you'll get folks who like the work and have a military retirement salary to offset the pay enough to live comfortably. Oceana has had a mix of retirees who have stuck with it and helped scores of aviators get to know their aircraft and others who use the opportunity as a stepping stone while chasing airlines or offsetting lower tier airline pay.