• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bad Artist Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do any current/former Whiting SNAs have any advice on drawing the working areas during Fam briefings? I'm really not that good of an artist (read: even my stick figures suck), so I was wondering if anybody had any techniques they used to practice beforehand, etc., i.e. this shoreline lines up with that NOLF, etc. In particular, Area 1 is giving me fits, since it's not a nice empty box like Area 2!

Acoustix99

pilot
My area drawings were always ugly....the IP's never seemed to care, as long as you got all the stuff inside the area in roughly the right location :)

airwinger

pilot
I really sucked as at drawing/art and that was before engineering! What I found worked for me for systems/the areas was using a section(i.e divide the drawing area into 4) then use that for scale. After that it's repeat as often as it takes to memorize. Being able to draw systems/areas from memory is not required but is an easy way to get a 5 for general knowledge/procedures.

semper fi,

Status
Not open for further replies.