• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Backup Plan?

Renegade One

None
I am a senior in college graduating in May 2022, I have been trying to figure out what I should be doing...
To your original point, I'm assuming you're getting a degree in something related to what you want to do as a civilian. Do that. If a dream opportunity materializes, go do that instead.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I am currently applying for SNA. I finished my application back in October expecting there to be a January board, but now I am waiting for the May board. With all this waiting time ahead of me, and since I am a senior in college graduating in May 2022, I have been trying to figure out what I should be doing for a backup plan... My desire for a backup plan has intensified since I have heard that the May 2022 Board is subject to cancellation and also that so many ProRecY SNAs have had their OCS dates pushed back over a year.

SNA is my dream but I also am concerned about what I will be doing with my life if I don't get selected in May, or if the May board gets cancelled, or if I get selected with an OCS date a year into the future. I was thinking about starting to apply for private sector economics-related jobs for when I graduate, but I feel bad doing so because if I get selected in May and have to ship out to OCS soon thereafter, I'd be quitting after like a month or two. What do you all think? It is it right for me to look into other career opportunities in the interim even though I may get selected for SNA and have to leave that job soon?

Start flying on your own and explore aviation opportunities.

If SNA doesn’t work out, consider American Airlines Cadet Academy and Guard gig after ratings… or a Guard gig and an RTP program.

http://www.aacadetacademy.com/CadetAcademy/Index