• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Back question for sna slot

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Are you still at 235? Or was that a peak? I'm just curious because we had some mids here at USNA that played sports that were worried about having to cut weight for the NOMI physical?

Schnugg, they'll have to cut the weight to 235 to start API. I had to drop about 15 pounds when I checked into the pool last summer, plus I had to sign every waiver imaginable for ejection seats, stroking seats, etc.

I believe the fleet limit is 245, but to start the pipeline is 235. There aren't any waivers given for being over the 235, since weight isn't a medical issue. If you're over at the time of the NOMI physical, the API people will just let the guys have sufficient time to get down to it. For me, they didn't set a timeframe, they just said I had to show progress weekly, which I did and was no problem.

There was one guy a few months before me who had been about 260 at check in and hadn't lost any weight for a few months. He was politely asked to choose a different career path.

Oh, and if they weigh 235, just tell them to be ready to hit the ground really hard when they do the redneck parasailing!:icon_tong

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
@ Schnugg:

Peaked at 235-240. Working on getting back down to about 220 for now... As far as the seat waiver, I had to resign one at my last physical b/c I tipped the scale at 240 (heaviest I've ever been).

They're not telling me I can't fly ejection seat aircraft (no other choices now), but they are "politely suggesting" I lose at least 20 or so pounds.