• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Back LOG to start API

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffQ

Hi,
My name is Jeff Quiazon and I'm graduating this summer from Old Dominion University. I'm in my last year in NROTC and I'm ready for my commission.
The talk around the unit is that there is a 4 month backlog down at API. Is there anyone who can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mahler

That's not all bad news for me. I talked to my recruiting office and they told me to just put in for home recruiting and work in the office doing pretty much nothing. They're pretty cool about doing this for anyone who wants to come home during the long wait for API. In my case it will be nice because with only a week between graduation and OCS, I could use the time to get things in order and finally unwind a little. Have you heard how long the wait for API will continue??? I'm wondering if it will be a short wait come August.

James

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
14 months were did you hear that! I can tell you that your wait will not be that long. However your wait can very depending on when you get there. I ened up waiting five weeks till I classed up. However I have hear it can be longer during the summer when they have more people going through. What ever wait you have enjoy it because once you start thing will be fast and furious.

Edited by - falcaner on 03/07/2002 22:51:45

Edited by - falcaner on 03/11/2002 00:39:34

Mahler

Who said anything about 14 months??? I belive JeffQ said 4 months, which seems realistic.

James

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
oh opps!!! Yea it does say 4 months. While this is not out of the realm of possiblity i would still say that it is on the high side. But like I said part of how long your wait to start trainging is how many people are going through and what time you get there. This is also true for beyond API.

gt0767a

I am graduating friday and have been told that the wait for API is 6-8 weeks. Liasons from my second and third week have classed up. There is no more OHARP (home office recruiting), except in extreme cases (ie. your wife is having a baby). While waiting you muster every morning and might get stashed somewhere in NASC. I have heard in the summer, the wait can get longer due to NROTC and academy grads flooding the pipeline. Also it seems that NFOs are classing up faster than pilots, but I cannot confirm that. But it's good news for me.

Christine

Mahoney

I just classed up last week after a 4 week wait. The wait time can actually be pretty nice depending on your stash job. The wait time does vary based on the amount of people in the que but that's not the only factor. Where you're going after API is also a big concern. I agree with the above statement that FO's are classing up quicker because there is less of a backlog of people at Primary here in P-Cola. For those of us that are heading to Corpus the wait has been more towards the area of 9 weeks. Another factor is that some people get addicted to stash life and try not to class up by failing to get cleared either medicaly or physicaly. Whatever your wait time I think you will find that you'll enjoy having some time off.

Dakotakid

ECP and STA people are allowed to start asap....as soon as you get your physical and prt done down here, you can start class. When you check in, you will be given a sign up sheet on when you want to do the prt and physical. Of course, the sooner you get them done, the sooner you start.

tingley

Is it possible that the navy would intentionally over-fill the pilot slots and give the excess aviation officer canidates random jobs other than aviation, without even the opportunity for flight school? Although I do not have the stats, it seems like the navy accepts too many aviation officer canidates for the actual demand for pilots. I have recently signed an aviation officer candiate contract and am scheduled for ocs this fall, so I am wondering if this is a real possibility. I realize that the aviation flight physical could eliminate you, but what are other potential factors?

Grunt

They have to bring in more candidates than they expect to graduate in order to account for attrition. Otherwise they would be short when a class finished the pipeline.

Mike the Grunt

Gator

The simple answer is that if they don't give you a shot at what you are guaranteed in your contract then they can't hold you to it. If you search through some of hte old posts you'll find some info about htis.

Dave Shutter

Again, it depends on your Primary location; NFO (stay in P-cola), Whiting NA, CC NA, or JSUPT. It varies back and forth depending on which TRAWING has a lot of holes. Less than two weeks ago we were told at muster that Corpus pilots are going first after 4 weeks. NFO at 9 and Whiting NA at 10. In a few weeks it will change again. Last I heard the T-6 syllabs at Moody AFB was closed out to us, no explanation given. It requires prior flight time and those of us that had it were told it's up for grabs. Not now. A lot of bad rumors about the syllabus being a work-in-progress, and guys who go there being called "guinea pigs". Grain if salt.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly what Dave said. My roommate and I classed up with Whiting as our TRAWING after only 5 weeks. The Corpus guys went after us. The NFOs in our class have been waiting 9 weeks and will start classing up around the ten week point. It changes every week and it can change quite a bit.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Morrison, you dork! You should have come to Corpus. We'd have loved your Gunny impersonations to keep the perpetually-filled blue chairs in the readyroom rolling while we wait for the clouds to go away.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.