• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B29 FIFI AT Airventure this summer

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
^^I got to see it fly at the Lackland Airfest last fall. Good stuff, I'll have to find time and put a couple pictures of it up when I get home from work.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Fifi was based in my hometown for quite some time. Never got to ride in her, but have seen her multiple times. Hell of an airplane. But, it takes a Herculean effort to keep her flying and a kings ransom financially. So, some big money guy paid up the money to have her engines rebuilt but said that she would have to move to Dallas. So, that's what they did. It's unfortunate, but the CAF in Midland thought it was better to keep her flying than to just have her hangared here in Midland. I would agree.

I highly suggest to pay the money to be allowed to crawl around that airplane. It's amazing on the inside. The cockpit is big enough to put a living room set in.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Interesting you bring this up, I was watching a few B-29 related clips on youtube just a few days ago.

Here's a great video demonstrating how the remote control turrets operate:

Take off :

Landing:

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Photos from 2 different air shows last fall of FiFi.

B29takeoffFIFI.jpg

B29.jpg

B29bombrun-1.jpg

AE 606 photos

jmcquate

Contributor
She's scheduled to be at the JSOH at Andrews in May. First time I saw her fly was back in the 80's at the Cleveland Air Show and the CAF simulated dropping an A-Bomd using pyro that made a mushroom cloud.....classic.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Found out earlier this week that I've been "approved" to take a T-45 up to Oshkosh this year. Ive been bugging Wing Ops for a couple months about it. I'll definitely have to take some time to get a closer look!

yak52driver

Contributor
I'll be flying in the warbird portion of the show all week, I'll have to pay the fee if they let us tour her. That chance may not come along again.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
I'll be flying in the warbird portion of the show all week, I'll have to pay the fee if they let us tour her. That chance may not come along again.

It's only a $5 or $10 'donation'. Not a big deal. However, it'll cost ya if you want to ride in her.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
My grandfather installed belly guns in those planes during WWII. He had a real fondness for those birds. The B-29 is just a beautiful plane.