• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-pool wait time

navywings22

pilot
Hey guys,

I did not know if this post should be under API or Primary so I flipped a coin.

I was wondering what your experiences have been as far as wait time to class up for Primary after completing API. Did you stay in Pensacola during that time or did they ship you out first and you wait at your Primary command?

I'm in A-pool currently supposed to class up for API on the 20th (SNA). I have follow-on orders to Whiting but I'm sure others going to CC or Vance would like to know as well.

Thanks for the info guys.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I started primary back in June (or rather entered the "pool") so my info may be dated......but back then, the wait in Corpus fluctuated between 2 and 4 weeks depending on if you were one of the early dudes in a class or if you were one of the last to fill up a class. Either way, it should not be nearly as long as A-pool reportedly was for some....

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I am a Marine and our wait at Whiting is running about 3 months, However the Navy's is a round 1 to 1.5 months. All the guys i went to API with started Primary atleast 1 month ago or more, and I start in 10 days.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
at whiting it seems as though the navy wait is 1-1.5 months, coast guard and air force being maybe 2-3 weeks quicker, and marines waiting the longest.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know this won't help the OP out, but in case any SNFOs are lurking...the current wait to class up for primary VT-4/VT-10 is three weeks for Navy, and about two months for AF, potentially even longer for the Marines.

Zbone8762

Marines/ USCG start rotary much quicker then the Navy. So maybe you can catch up there (if thats your thing, of course).

navywings22

pilot
So you got moved and then waited in your Primary duty station? Or did you hang out in Pensacola for that time?

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
When can I expect orders in my hand? I am looking for places to live and trying to plan out my trip to CC after I finish API in a few weeks. Do you get the orders while waiting to depart or during the last part of API?

navywings22

pilot
Awesome. Did any of you have problems getting out of leases when you had to move? I know most want 30 days notice. Any problems getting out of leases in Pensacola to move to Whiting?

Disclaimer: I know this issue has been discussed 100 times over on it's own and probably belongs somewhere else in the forums. I am not changing the topic of this post. Simply seeing what you guys experienced in regards to leaving API.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
They've recently increased the class sizes at API... does this also mean that the amount of students going through primary will increase and will this affect the wait time at Primary? I don't know how many students the Training Wings can handle at one time but if they're not at full capacity I could see the wait time decreasing. I really don't know much about how this works so please... enlighten me!:confused:

What it comes down to is that I've got follow on orders to Whiting and like it says above: it's 1-1.5 month wait and I was wondering if I can expect the same. (I'm scheduled to finish API March 20th)

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
They've recently increased the class sizes at API... does this also mean that the amount of students going through primary will increase and will this affect the wait time at Primary? I don't know how many students the Training Wings can handle at one time but if they're not at full capacity I could see the wait time decreasing. I really don't know much about how this works so please... enlighten me!:confused:

What it comes down to is that I've got follow on orders to Whiting and like it says above: it's 1-1.5 month wait and I was wondering if I can expect the same. (I'm scheduled to finish API March 20th)
to see how many they class up per week google search training wing 5 then click on schedules and then click on trawing 5 and click the front page button on a thursday or friday. usually its around 13'ish per week. you can figure the math.