• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AWESOME PFT Program

zuggerat

mserver said:
how do the phases work?

Start on phase 1 move from week to week until u reach the last week in phase 1... then you proceed to the next column; phase two week one and repeat until u hit 30 pull ups...haha

mserver

zuggerat said:
Start on phase 1 move from week to week until u reach the last week in phase 1... then you proceed to the next column; phase two week one and repeat until u hit 30 pull ups...haha

has anyone tried this pull-up program? If so, how does it work? Is it better than that Armstrong program? Am I just better off doing as many as I can before failure? I need help with pull-ups, they are my weak point. Running is fine, sit-ups are good, pull-ups ****ing kill me.

zuggerat

im using the program right now... went from a max of 15 to 19 in 3 weeks... it works awesome... every once in a while switch for a day to 3 ladder sets... brought my overall PFT score from 257 to a 275

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Here we go:
OCS_Training_Program.jpg

Also, I mirrored a copy on my site, thanks zuggerat.

zuggerat

cwc73 said:
so this is a 36 week program?

correct, but honestly almost everyone should be able to start somewhere near the beginning of phase two... at least... phase one is mad easy... so with that you can cut out about 1/2 of the weeks

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
My recruiter told me the PRT was push-ups, sit-ups and a run, how come this program is pull-ups? This for a different test?

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
Nevermind, didn't notice this was in the USMC forum, and I'm applying the Navy. Ignore my previous post, my fault.

zuggerat

mts4602 said:
Are there any phases for running? what do u do after week 12?

keep running i guess... there's never such a thing as too little

i have some good marathon programs if u guys want me to post em up.. lemme know

PS... nice avatar... goose... u should be a photographer

mts4602

Thanks zuggerat. I think I'll have enough to keep me busy for quite awhile though, haha. Whenever I finally get to week 12 with the running I'll let u know if I need some more....

phattygixxer

OK, so maybe I am better at pull-ups than understanding the phase thing haha:confused: ... I understand the progression from week to week, but what does a given week entail? For example, is the first week in phase 2 gonna be five sets per day with the following reps: 14, 10, 8, 8, 8 and you do it Monday through Friday like the Armstrong routine? And how about rest between sets?

Just a side note, after doing the Armstrong routine for about 6 solid weeks I took about 2 weeks where I did a few max sets here and there, maybe twice a week and my max reps went from 17-18 to 20-21. Sometimes R&R helps.

zuggerat

phattygixxer said:
OK, so maybe I am better at pull-ups than understanding the phase thing haha:confused: ... I understand the progression from week to week, but what does a given week entail? For example, is the first week in phase 2 gonna be five sets per day with the following reps: 14, 10, 8, 8, 8 and you do it Monday through Friday like the Armstrong routine? And how about rest between sets?

Just a side note, after doing the Armstrong routine for about 6 solid weeks I took about 2 weeks where I did a few max sets here and there, maybe twice a week and my max reps went from 17-18 to 20-21. Sometimes R&R helps.

first of all, yeh do it like armstrong. everyday M thru F ur gonna do 5 sets of 14, 10, 8, 8, 8... whatever.

second of all, dude u think too much... just rest enough between sets so that ur not gonna be exhausting urself completely by the 3rd set, but not resting so much that ur walking around aimlessly between sets. i usually rest for 30 to 45 seconds. i dont really time it out exactly i just take a few seconds, get set mentally, and bang em out; i.e., catch ur breath for a second, get a lil hydration, say hi to some chicks, and do another set -- repeat :icon_tong