• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Awesome model of USS Enterprise

Owen

And for those that have not seen this tremendous model, it now
resides on the second deck of NNAM, adjacent to the 1/72 model
of the CV-6 Enterprise. Most impressive.....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was on that cruise in VF-114. I wonder if the names on the jets are legit. My old haunt on the Big E.

I don't however recall USMC Hornets on deployment with us.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I was on that cruise in VF-114. I wonder if the names on the jets are legit. My old haunt on the Big E.

I did notice that one of the crews manning up one of the Tomcats was wearing an orange flightsuit.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Did the Prowlers use to be numbered 604 up? What was the 500 series? I noticed there were two Prowlers on the model with side #s 604 605.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Did the Prowlers use to be numbered 604 up? What was the 500 series? I noticed there were two Prowlers on the model with side #s 604 605.

Weren't the 500's the A-6's years back?

Didn't CV NATOPS used to list what side numbers were assigned to the different squadrons? (First VF was 100, Second VF was 200, etc.) I tried to find it in an online copy of CV NATOPS (21 OCT 1999 date) but it's not there.
Am I misremembering where this chart is or did it get pulled out?

Thanks

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Up until the A-6s went away.
100: VF
200: VF
300: VFA/VA(L)
400: VFA/VA(L)
500: VA(M)
600: VAW
610: HS
620: VAQ
700: VS

navyao

Me too! And no, there weren't any Hornets let alone Marine Bugs aboard. We did have a skeleton Marine F-4 during REFTRA though.

I actually have those decals Schnugg, I know Slammer's on it, Skipper Casey's another name, I'd have to look to be sure. I just bought new ones, some dude in Brazil made new Vark decals from before my time and up until we closed the doors (when I was there). The only thing is, none of those names look familiar - oh well. They're made by CFM if you're interested.