• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW STICKER POLL (new-revised) by phrogpilot73

AW sticker designs revised, which do you like the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sbpilot

.com version of the window sticker

awlogocom.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I am torn. I can't put an AW sticker on the back of my car, and become the base phantom zapper at the same time. It's a dead giveaway.
The answer is simple: when queried; play the part of victim. "Who zapped my vehicle .... "?

Textbook solution. Next question .... ???

77725925yc0.jpg

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I dunno if the .com is necessary (no that i dont like it, i dont really care :)). Won't they just wiki it once they see zappers all over the place?

If we're going to go that route, we need to have the Aircrewmen wings completely reversed, since they're facing backward. ;) Or perhaps the NFO wings could be a side-view, since that's how they'd look in the back of a Hummer.

Smiles in effect.

Backwards? Pretty obvious you don't know many FE's which aren't exactly molehole's.

phrogpilot73

Whatever you do, don't put the red into the contrail. Too much like a rainbow - and we don't want THAT association.
My first idea was Blue & Gold = Navy, Scarlett & Gold = USMC... Thought the contrail might look good with Blue, Gold, & Red. Then I realized what you just said above - that was the genesis of Blue & Green!

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
My first idea was Blue & Gold = Navy, Scarlett & Gold = USMC... Thought the contrail might look good with Blue, Gold, & Red. Then I realized what you just said above - that was the genesis of Blue & Green!

IMHO, if it were actually gold (not yellow), it might work. Everyone knows metalics aren't in the rainbow (sadly, EVERYONE discriminates against robots...).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Vendors?

OK Boys and Girls - it seems we have concensus on the design...

So how about getting these puppies into production.....

Any suggestions for vendors?

Chuck

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
SQUIDutah said:
I have a buddy that can do ... $0.50 for a 3.5" x 3.0" oval "AW" sticker (plus S&H). He thinks it will take about a week to clean up the image and pump it out.

Would these be top quality or just decent..?

robav8r

None
Contributor
I'm ready to place an order - RIGHT NOW !!! Also, I may have missed it, but what about a small, shoulder patch for the flight suit as well ??? Or, an even smaller "air warriors" patch for the flight suit pen pocket. I'm just sayin'

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Much 'MO BETTAH ..but ... how about Gold Wings ... ??? The Ready Room demands no less ...

3mokesuv1.jpg

And what is everyone's "reluctance" to put ".com" on the sticker -- don't we WANT the sheep to " .com'on" over ??? Personally, I don't think it's "geeky" and I'm older than most of you ...

One more fine, semi-nitpicky point: Where does the Aviator sit in most cockpits vis-a-viz the NFO ... ??? On the right side, as you are "facing it", yes??? Soooooooooo .... should the Aviator Wings an' NFO Wings be flip-flopped to relect a pilot-in-left-seat-in-the-cockpit orientation ... but "right when facing ???

Or does it matter??? For example; NFO and Aviator in "proper" seating orientation ....i.e., Bombardier on right side of cockpit in this example .... but on "left" when facing ??? Too esoteric ??? :

a6crewmf9.jpg
dsc01888pz9.jpg

That may be one of the coolest A-6 pics I have ever seen!

Question for you..Are the two seats Staggard or is the pilot's just adjusted differently (if thats even possible??)

Back on topic: You should sharpen up the nfo wings a bit. Not enough contrast in comparison to the Pilot wings.