• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AVO Warrant Officer (Aerial Vehicle Operator) MQ-25

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
i assume large as carriers are, space is still at a premium on ships. will drones be taking up some of the manned craft spots?

Sort of, but a lot of moving pieces to it. Google "Air Wing of the Future" if you want to hear the Navy's public statements about it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
So... as of today, by definition, a Navy Warrant has to be at least an E6 who has been selected for E7. Do we know which rates will be eligible for AVO CWO2?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
So... as of today, by definition, a Navy Warrant has to be at least an E6 who has been selected for E7. Do we know which rates will be eligible for AVO CWO2?
This does not apply to the new community. The NAVADMIN specifically states it'll be through recruiting. My understanding is any enlisted sailor with the requisite education/skills could apply.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I do not believe existing WO's can apply. The intent is to acsess new/younger/new entry candidates. My guess is existing enlisted may apply like any other officer program...

Hair Warrior

Contributor
First and only Navy Warrant program I’ve heard of that doesn’t require you to be an E7-select.

Army Flying Warrants off the street is of course a well known thing. But you can’t be a Navy Warrant (yet) simply by applying for it out of college or E5 and below.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Will someone please tell me why this is a good idea?

Seriously; Please explain how this will do anything but keep the Navy UAS program behind every other service.