• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviator with aviation option??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadsword2004

Hey, I am just wondering, but is it possible to become a pilot in the Marine Corps by going through Marine PLC without the PLC-Air option??

Or is it like "technically" possible, but kinda rare and difficult, since the PLC-Air option candidates will likely fill up all the available aviation slots??

I ask this cuz I am probably going to be a ground option, but I might change my mind later on; however, not sure if one can do that really is the thing.

Can any PLC/OCS candidate apply for pilot, and it is just the PLC-Air option candidates are guaranteed a pilot position, whereas anyone else isn't?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
you can select an SNA/SNFO MOS during mos "selection" at TBS if you are qualified and your company has any available.

do a search on mos assignment and you'll find a lot more details

Broadsword2004 said:
I ask this cuz I am probably going to be a ground option, but I might change my mind later on; however, not sure if one can do that really is the thing.

Save yourself the trouble, try your best to figure this out ahead of time. Take a few flight lessons- get up in the air. Splurge on instruction time in a better aircraft... since its just an hour or two- its a worthy investment. I noticed a difference in 'excitement' factors from a Cessna 172 to a Warrior II.. with its wings below as opposed to above. Then give yourself some time to reflect on the experience.

Good luck! :icon_smil

Broadsword2004

Argh; this is killing me. Well I don't think I know is the thing. I really like the ground stuff a lot, but I also really like aircraft, but I don't wanna be a pilot and end up with a desk job or anything in the long run is the thing.

Crowbar

None
Broadsword2004 said:
Argh; this is killing me. Well I don't think I know is the thing. I really like the ground stuff a lot, but I also really like aircraft, but I don't wanna be a pilot and end up with a desk job or anything in the long run is the thing.

You should probably research the typical career path of Marine officers. Do a search on this site for "B-billets" to start with. Look at the Marines (USMC) forum and expand it out to show all threads from the beginning or at least the last year and read through the ones regarding B-billets, career path, and such. You might be surprised what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.