• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
In my time we didn’t wear rank on flight suits so that was a savings!
I was an IP when that changed - they took away our blue flight suits! I kept wearing mine of course and the Commodore of TW-5 at the time stopped me coming out of the Whiting NEX at the time and reminded me to deprecate said royal blue flight suit ?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Hmm, the only things I would do for sure are get the silver bars and 1 of each flight suit color done before you actually promote, and the other two done after. I'll be an LT in about a month and I never have had my blues sewn or gotten hard or soft shoulder boards. Covid probably had a bit to do with not needing the fancier uniforms but I woudlent buy every little thing up front. And if you do, save the receipts for the JG boards, they're like 60-70$ for both and you may never actually need them.

YMMV, but you don't work in DC, if you catch my drift.

Just to double tap what @DanMa1156 said, you got lucky you didn't need blues as a JG. Usually it's for the worst shit like a funeral.

To you and all the other lurkers, just suck up the $40. Hold off on hard shoulder boards maybe. You can always re-use the half stripe when you become a dirty hinge.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone else just dump all their uniform shit in a seabag, or the bottom of the closet, coated in spilled wine from the last dining out/SFB and let it sit for a year/years, and then just go out and completely re-buy a new uniform with all new insignia and medals and everything, the next time you have a formal event because you can't be responsible enough to care for your shit? No thats not me at all....

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Anyone else just dump all their uniform shit in a seabag, or the bottom of the closet, coated in spilled wine from the last dining out/SFB and let it sit for a year/years, and then just go out and completely re-buy a new uniform with all new insignia and medals and everything, the next time you have a formal event because you can't be responsible enough to care for your shit? No thats not me at all....
Port wine stains on the white jacket are basically service stripes for officers.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
I'm a little proud my dinner dress white jacket made it from ring dance through LCDR (6 PCS) with 2/c midshipmen insignia.