• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation to Intel

Ky7

I am a recent Primary attrite due to airsickness, looking to get accepted into the intel community. Prior to the board, I would like to try for a TAD opportunity at Corry Station. As well as networking opportunities for interviews and letters of recommendations from all around. I am looking for any advice in regards to the POCR board and how to best prepare my package for this community. I feel as if I would be competitive, considering my background in International Affairs and Emergency Management/Homeland Security and fluency in Korean and Chinese. With that being said, my passion is for the Navy and I would be happy in all of the communities. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good luck getting accepted. Being that you're an OCS grad with no real debt to the Navy, they could possibly show you out the door.

Reactions: Ky7

Ky7

Yes, definitely a possibility. I have a couple of options lined up incase that happens. However, I would like to give myself the best chance by best preparing for the board.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recommend you introduce yourself to the team at NIOC Pensacola (Corry Station), and ask some transition questions. Maybe they can help with your transition.

Reactions: Ky7

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Recommend you introduce yourself to the team at NIOC Pensacola (Corry Station), and ask some transition questions. Maybe they can help with your transition.

I knew a girl in a similar situation but instead of Intel went HR. She networked with NETC which has a ton of HR Officers and putting in the hours got a LOR from an O-6 HR Officer. I would suggest doing the similar over at the NIOC assuming your current command supports it.

Ky7

I knew a girl in a similar situation but instead of Intel went HR. She networked with NETC which has a ton of HR Officers and putting in the hours got a LOR from an O-6 HR Officer. I would suggest doing the similar over at the NIOC assuming your current command supports it.
Thank you! I’ll definitely look into that

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Thank you! I’ll definitely look into that

Are you locked into Intelligence...or would you be interested in the Cryptologic Warfare community, as well?

www.informationwarriors.net, while rather quiet these days, can provide a way to contact the CWO community manager in a less formal setting than say the NPC website.

Success in a lateral transfer/redesignation in many cases depends upon the needs of the gaining community...always nice to learn early if there is "room at the inn" for you in the various communities.

Good luck!

Ky7

Are you locked into Intelligence...or would you be interested in the Cryptologic Warfare community, as well?

www.informationwarriors.net, while rather quiet these days, can provide a way to contact the CWO community manager in a less formal setting than say the NPC website.

Success in a lateral transfer/redesignation in many cases depends upon the needs of the gaining community...always nice to learn early if there is "room at the inn" for you in the various communities.

Good luck!
Definitely not locked into one community. I am very interested in Crypto as well as IP. I’ve been gathering information based on my credentials and qualifications, the needs of the upcoming boards, and also staying mindful of the fact that separation is a possibility. Thank you for the link! I appreciate your help.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
FYSA, Corry Station is generally more focused on the cryptologic community (1810) which includes things like SIGINT, cyber, etc, vice straight stick intelligence (1830). Both communities will likely appreciate your language skills. I'm an 1830, feel free to PM me or post any questions.

egiv

FYSA, Corry Station is generally more focused on the cryptologic community (1810) which includes things like SIGINT, cyber, etc, vice straight stick intelligence (1830). Both communities will likely appreciate your language skills. I'm an 1830, feel free to PM me or post any questions.

Concur - Corry Station is where a large majority of Cryptologic enlisted and Officer schools are. There are also IT and IP schools, but I'm not aware of any Intel (IS/1830) presence there. Information Warriors is a great place to start if interested in the 1810 community.