• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Supplementation Portion of ASTB

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've told you the purpose, but the bottom line is that you need to do your best on the ASTB. We know not of the magical formula which derives your final ASTB score, but we know what you need to study.

I used to administer the ASTB and I was told the supplemental section was used for "other" purposes. 'nuff said.

-ea6bflyr ;)

torpedo0126

Academic Qualifications Rating (AQR) : This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.
  1. Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating (PFAR): This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the greatest contribution is made by the Aviation & Nautical Information and Spatial Apperception Tests.
  2. Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.
  3. Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): This score is affected by performance on the first three sub tests, Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, and Mechanical Comprehension.

I sent a quick email to an LT who also administers the test. He said it does factor into your score somehow, but each component is weighted in a different way. So it looks like it doesn't play a heavy factor into your score, but should be taken seriously. I remember getting a math test. It wasn't hard, it was just more of the same thing.