• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Pipeline Flight Medical

Diesel

I'm a fairly avid reader of these forums and there is an issue that I'm curious about and haven't come across. My question is regarding whether or not the flight medical with all the basic standards posted on the NAMI site is good for all aviation pipelines. Are there different flight medical standards (specifically vision) for the helo, jet, or prop pipeline? How about for carrier qualification, or any other qualification?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Are there different flight medical standards (specifically vision) for the helo, jet, or prop pipeline? How about for carrier qualification, or any other qualification?

No, all the standards for Student Naval Aviator are the same. When you are cleared medically, you are eligible for any platform.....your anthro measurements could of course tell a different story, but that is a whole other discussion, discussed at length, while we are discussing this discussion

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
There are some minor differences between different Service Group classifications...as an example, the vision standards for flight docs and such are a bit more relaxed than for SNA.