• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation medical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviatorMatt

Hey guys, I'm a flight student at ERAU in Az. Graduating in the spring. I'm kind of colorblind. I have a waiver from the FAA, but I'm wondering how intense are the eye exams to fly in the USMC? My vision is 20/20, I'm just a little red/green colorblind. A friend of mine told me that when he was in the army, all the color eye exams were all the same things. He just remembered what order the numbers were in and he passed every eye exam. So what process would I have to go through to figure out if there's a way I can get through this? I don't think my colorblindness is that severe, the guy sitting next to me right now is drinking a mountain dew and I can see the word mountain is in green, and dew is in red. Maybe somebody who has gone through all the medicals for USMC aviation can answer some questions for me. Thanks

Matt

TANGO 1

Contributor
your best bet is to refer to NOMI. Or go on line to google and search for Naval Operational Medical Institute and look at the waivers guide on this page. It show the list of things you could get a waiver for.
www.nomi.med.navy.mil

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"kind" of color blind will be disqualifying.
They switch the order on the cards and some dont have numbers to catch people that cheat their way through it. If you can see all the crads you are not colorblind, you either are or you arent. Sorry but if you try to cheat through you will waste a lot of your time and the military's money

Status
Not open for further replies.