• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Help

slater01

I'm taking my test on 26 Sept, and since everyone on here has helped me out a great deal, I figure I would contribute something. I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but I found a great site with Aviation Terms that could help out those who have not been introduced to any information before, (like me).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/intro.htm

It is a great site that I assume will help out on the ASTB.

Thanks again.

akpswim

wow thanks for that! I took the test once already but scored in the 40's so I need to up my score. Any suggestions for the mechanics section or the math section? I took form 5, did you take form 3 or 4 by any chance and have any advice?

slater01

I just took form 4 today. I got this:

OAR - 54
AQR - 6
PFAR - 6
FOFAR - 7

To be honest, utilize the study guides on here. For the Math, I found it best to just go over the gauge on this site because the questions were all this kind of simple math. I asked some stupid questions on here that I should have known the answers to, and while I felt like an idiot, it really helped. Don't feel bad about looking stupid.

Also, use the ASTB study guide on here for the mechanical part, but make sure you look into the questions a bit deeper. If you figure out the answer, make sure you know why it is. As long as you know the reasoning behind the mechanical comprehension practice questions in this gauge, you'll be fine. Good luck buddy.